Saturday, May 16, 2015

Country Gardens: Mid May On The Butterfly Hill

Welcome back dear friends,
I am sharing more of my cloudy day photos.
It has rained a couple times today.
Keeping the garden wet and the flowers soggy.
If the sun comes back out I will try again.

 But even though it was overcast,
enjoy the lovely spring blooms on the butterfly hill.

Grab a cup of coffee and look around a bit~!


























 

 If this is your first time visiting, this garden overlooks the lake in our backyard.

This area was my last to clean up this year.
I had a mean batch of poison ivy in the butterfly bushes this year.
The bare stems are the five Crepe Myrtles that are just now leafing out.

Come back again soon... I have lots more to share!

 ~Brooke~

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

10 comments :

  1. Stunning photos! I must say I love cloudy day photos everything looks so much richer. What part of the country are you in?
    Here in Canada spring is just waking up!

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your iris are so beautiful. I love your Butterfly Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brooke,
    Looks very lush and green. Poison ivy or poison oak is a pesky thing for having on the property. For having a wonderful garden, there is a lot of work and sweat.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Can you tell me the name of the red iris? That is such a pretty and unusual color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of your garden. Would love to find that pale pink iris and that deeper pink iris is stunning. In the Fall I will be on the look out for them.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. Such a wonderfully peaceful and relaxing spot to wile away the afternoon. Thank you so much for sharing with Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butterfly Hill is absolutely lovely Brooke! I'm trying my hand at a butterfly garden this year. I'm just praying the bunnies don't destroy it first! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Love your gardens! Xo ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is beautiful!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful garden, Brooke! I am visiting from Amaze Me Monday! Have a wonderful Memorial Day! Blessings, Pam (everydayliving.me)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!