Saturday, May 30, 2015

Country Gardens - End of May Driveway and Mailbox

 We have been blessed with a beautiful Spring here in Southern Indiana.
 Yesterday was the last day of school and it is officially Summer here...
no matter what the calendar says. 

 We have had some beautiful days to enjoy this week.
 I have been gardening quite a bit.
Mostly just maintenance and weeding.
 The red weigelias are just beautiful in the driveway beds.
 These two bloomed about a week later than the ones by the house.
The irises are finishing up and the spireas are just starting to show color.
The grass looks beautiful this time of year.
My hubby keeps it all looking so nice. 
He will be going back to work Wednesday after his knee surgery. 
 I think he is ready, I have kept him busy here.
 I love this peach iris, no idea the variety.
 The yellow sedum is blooming by the mailbox.
 I love this stuff, you poke even a bit in the ground and it will root.
 It can take the heat and grows on the gravel.
If it gets out too far, just pull it up.
 I should cut the evergreens back a bit... but they look fine.
I almost have to dig stuff out to be seen.
But I do not water in these beds, so if it is happy...I leave it alone.
 Here is the other weigela, this one is more pink.
It had quite a bit of dead on it early this spring.
But after a good trimming you can't tell a bit.
I love these hearty shrubs.
I have at least 8 of them around the gardens.
I have so much blooming and so much more to share.
Please follow me or add me to your inbox so we can keep in touch!
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Enter your email address:  

1 comment :

  1. Your garden is so beautifully manicured! Wishing you and your husband all the best :)
    I hope you will share some garden pics with our Link Up - Idea box:
    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/06/idea-box-thursday-link-party-13.html

    Hugs,
    Mila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!