Friday, May 15, 2015

Country Gardens: Driveway Plantings in Mid-May

Welcome back dear friends....
 It is early yet, just got the girls on the bus and it is starting to sprinkle.

They are saying we are in for a big weekend of rain and storms.
So even though it was cloudy, yesterday I hurried and took some pictures of the gardens. 
As you can see things are blooming and filling in nicely.
I still need to get the loppers and cut some branches off a few of the shrubs.
I have a large yellow knock out that died to the ground this winter.
It has a bit of new growth coming up now, so it will need a big clean up soon. 
Crepe myrtles and hydrangeas are still coming up,
but most everything else is near blooming. 
The red weigelias are really pretty this week.
There are three across the front of the porch and this one at the island bed.
I have another one at the driveway, but it is not blooming as much yet.
I love these old fashioned beauties.
Drought resistant, hearty and little care.
Big blooms and then they are a nice shrub the rest of the season.
Blue irises are my theme in these beds, I love anything blue in the garden.
Love how the colors play off each other.  
I am not sure the name of this one.
Soon the annabelle hydrangeas and daylilies will be blooming here.
Things change every day as it warms up and heads towards summer!

Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower!
~Brooke~

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

6 comments :

  1. This is just beautiful! I need to find a red weigelia and get it planted. What a beautiful shrub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. weigelia is fantastic, i want some too and we planted iris' last year i have leaves but no flowers maybe next year thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...absolutely gorgeous driveway.
    Happy pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a lovely home surrounded by much nature beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower bed here is beautiful! Everything is really lush right now with all of the rain we've been getting. Thanks for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!