Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Country Gardens: Cottage Style Spring Perennial Mixed Borders

Hello again and welcome back to my Indiana home.
 As we enjoy the last few days of May the garden is abloom with a riot of colors.
 I do believe this is my favorite time of the year.

School is finished this week and the summer lays ahead.
 Days will be more relaxed and hopefully lots of time to enjoy the gardens.
 This week has been a big rush to get the weeding and trimming done between the rains.
But thankfully, I am not dragging the hose around this year!
 Peonies, irises and roses blooming at the same time... is there anything better?
I have truly enjoyed the garden this year more than any other.
I am not on any tours or any real events this summer.
Just our own enjoyment and it has made me much more relaxed about how it looks.
I have been editing here and there.  
After 8 years I know my mistakes and have been taking plants out 
and adding starts of new plants as well.
I probably have the shrubs in the best shape they have ever been.
I have been trimming this year like crazy, 
but it makes the garden look so much cleaner and crisper.
 I love to hear reactions about my borders, they are very tall and full.
I sometimes say it takes a whip and a chair to keep them in line...
But I think a country garden is suppose to be a little wild.
I have virtually given up growing little dainty plants, they just get eaten up by my masses. 
 But I take the muck buckets out and pull up armfulls of yarrow and pholox....
I know they are aggressive, but I love the wild blooms... and remove what is in the way.
 I know there are weeds in there... but they have to be higher than my blooms!
So it looks good to me... hopefully to you too!!

Hey I have bunches more to share.... come back again as a new follower.
xxx...Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

Enter your email address:  

8 comments :

  1. What a beautiful home, yard, and border! It's so lovely. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful home Brooke! I love the gravel pathway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My irises just popped in my garden and they are my favorite part of spring. I love the purple ones that you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful borders Brooke. I always love visiting your amazing garden! It's hard to believe that it's already the end of May, and things are starting to bloom everywhere.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why its your favourite time of the year, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Brooke,
    Yes, that is the proper approach as we cannot manage to manicure our gardens like that... Yours looks stunning and so lush! We are praying for water, it is already a struggle for several plants but what can we do?
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your place always looks so nice. Love those peonies, they are fun to dry too!

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardens are gorgeous and I love that they are a mass of wild blooms. So full and wonderful. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!