Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What She Needed Was Pearls...

I have a million things to do today...
Seriously, I have way too much on my plate.
But today it just came to me...
She needed pearls.

Yes,,, my sweet lady needed a vintage necklace.
So I made her one... or remade to be precise.

 I knew I had these vintage necklaces that were broken from a grab bag in a yard sale.
Before it was a choker, but I wanted the lovely metal bits to show.
So I remade it into a longer adjustable piece.
 I it had five strands, so I took two out and restrung one of them to make the longer falls on each side.
And now I have some leftover beads to make a bracelet later on.
The girls and I have been wearing pearls this Spring,
so we may borrow her necklace from time to time...
but for now... it is hers.


Okay, I have to get off here.
I am feeding 20 girls on the tennis team as soon as school is out!
xxx....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

5 comments :

  1. She looks beautiful with pearls and lace, great idea!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing through Google + this morning and thought this was beautiful. Then I clicked on your name in the over 40 bloggers. Happy Accident. Sharing this today with the group.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brooke,
    Well, you are a very talented lady and this looks like a dream; magazine worthy!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!