Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Splendor At The Island Bed...



Oh is there anything more striking than red tulips?
 I just gush with garden love when they bloom every Spring.

I think every year I will add more... and this year I did!
 But of course, I was a bit late and the new ones are not blooming.
 But that is fine... just wait till next Spring!
These have been in this bed for about four years, I think I planted six blubs.
They have multiplied nicely and yes... rebloomed every year.
I can't get the fancy pink and frilly ones to come back....
But these lovely reds are PERFECT in my garden.
xxx....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

10 comments :

  1. So pretty, Brooke. Wish I could plant tulips in Florida. They are a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red tulips too, Brooke. Your spring bed looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your tour in the countryside! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Brooke,
    Yes, that is such a joy for having in the spring and yours look so beautiful. We had lots of those double flowering pink Angelique tulips but the Voles have snacked on their bulbs and they all vanished now. Sad fact. We got some new orange Angelique tulips but only about three bloomed in the planter box. So we, like you, are looking forward to the spring of 2016!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, gosh I am glad you are back and with such cute pictures!! It's raining today in central Indiana and a chance of it all this week:( Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These red beauties are stunning! Now you have me wanting to plant Tulips! Happy Spring Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tulips are gorgeous Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever seen red tulips. Gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My red tulips are the dependable ones in my garden, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!