Saturday, April 18, 2015

Spring in my Country Gardens


Spring is in full swing in my Indiana garden.
  I wait each year for the fragrant lilacs to start opening...
This one is a favorite, Sensation with it's white tips.


Spring explodes in my garden and once it starts it is hard to
keep up with what is blooming to share with you.
I love these multi-bloom stemmed tazetta daffodils called Geranium.
Just darling.
My Flowering Almond Shrub looks good this year.
 I love these soft pink blooms, each one is perfect.
This bed is by the rose garden and full of color this week.
 I still have a few grape hyacinths, but many are lost in the growth this Spring.
The sedums in my year long containers look great by the garage doors.
 Live a touch of blue in this Jacob's Ladder.
I hope it will self seed and spread in this shady spot.
The red tulips still look so pretty in this island bed.
I love that they look so nice as you pull up the driveway.
 Soon my shrubs will be blooming in this bed.
  But I am enjoying these early blooms.
Thanks so much for dropping by...
 And I hope you will come back to see more of my country garden as it comes along this season!
~Brooke~

_____________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful, Brooke! :) My blog is not a gardening one, but please know that you are more than welcome to visit and leave a comment. I always appreciate visits and comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog you have! Beautiful pictures...
    Have a happy weekend, take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh!! So pretty! I have garden envy!! Lilacs - squeal!! My fave and I can almost smell them from here!

    Thanks for sharing the love. Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Brooke! Lovely gardens! I am in mid-Michigan and we've had several quite warm days in a row and my spring flowers are all starting to bloom, too. I was wondering how you have success growing tulips in the country? I live in the city and my back yard backs up to a protected wetland with all sorts of wild animals living there. I have never been able to grow tulips because the bunnies eat them--both the flower buds and the bulbs. It seems like you might have the same problem, but yours look great! Do you use some type of repellent? I've never used one, so maybe I will have to if I'm serious about growing tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Brooke,
    You have wonderful colors around you lovely home. This is the time of the year that our gardens look their best and give us so much joy. Your lilacs are very early or is it normal?
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spring garden looks lovely with on the background that beautiful Indiana house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Brooke, your garden is just divine. I can just imagine the scent too! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!