Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Magnolia Jane, Oh What A Beauty She Has Grown Into...

This is a fun one to share today...
My Lovely Jane Magnolia in bloom.
I love pink in the garden.
And like all of us that dream of living in the South...
I adore Magnolias.


The sweet pink blooms grace us in the Spring in a lovely show.
And occasionally again in the summer, but just a few.
But the lovely burst of color in Spring is well deserving of a spot in your gardens. 

I wanted to give you a little story about this plant.
Here it is in 2007. about a year old in the garden.
See how tiny it was?  That was 8 years ago.

This was a start I bought from our local garden club sale!
It was a tiny twig with a few leaves and I had no idea what variety it was.
But a Magnolia start for only $1 was too fun to pass up. 
So here we are 8 years later and it is about 7 ft tall and lovely at the side of the house.
 The blooms start a dark pink with lighter centers and then fade a bit as they age.
 I love the contrast from the pinks to the white spirea blooms.
 I just did a post about this Bridal Wreath Spirea if you missed it.
 I have a pink and white theme in this area...
Can you see the little redbud in the same shade of pink?
 So lovely and delicate... but already little petals are dropping to the ground.
Spring is just too short of season.
But I am trying to take as many pictures as I can
to remember these lovely days.
 
Soon my lovely roses and the lilies will fill this border with blooms.
But I am really pleased that the spirea and magnolia have grown so much
and are now focal points in this part of the garden that is seen as you pass by.

Patience my friends.... in gardening it is a must!
~Brooke~

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

5 comments :

  1. Ohh, this Magnolia Jane is a real beauty!!!! And indeed, we have to be patient, but it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to see that growth, Brooke! I'm like you - I take many, many photos through the seasons, the years. It is amazing to look back at when we first planted our garden also. It seems our zone is very close to your bloom time if these photos are from this week. We have neighborhood redbud and tulip magnolia blooming now, as well as dogwoods and lilacs starting. It's so beautiful just walking through the area each day as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I can't wait to get my own Magnolia one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!