Friday, April 10, 2015

Fields of Golden Flowers...

Hello again... remember me?
I did not think I would be gone quite so long.
Spring has been busy here at the lake.
(This is sweet Bay in the grass,
he is by far my most photogenic cat)

Don't you just love my flowers blooming?
Dandelions that is... I am trying to see the only the beauty. 
 The garden cats are sure having fun playing in the grass.
 This one is Porkchop... I know... he needs a new name.
We gave him a 'temporaty name' thinking
he was one we were giving away in last summers litter...
and some how he stayed with the family.
Poor kitty he is a sweetie, just with a silly name thanks to two girls
 Right after this we mowed for the first time this year.
What a great sound the lawnmower is after the long cold winter!
 Elsewhere the daffodils are almost finished blooming.
 Here are a few at the Butterfly hill.
 It has been a slow clean up this Spring.
I have gotten two truckloads of mulch and only the front gardens are done!
We have had a ton of rain and muddy days.
But it is good for the flowers...
And makes us appreciate the warm sunny days when they come!

I am sorry I am behind on my email this week.  We have two girls in Tennis Season and I am back to working part time at the schools.  But as soon as I can I will write you back!

Thanks for visiting....Brooke

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

5 comments :

  1. Looks like a beautiful spring where you are!!! And your kitties look like they are in heaven!! Wishing you a wonderful season!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitty pictures! I was thinking that same thing about the sound of lawn mowers! I plan on working in the gardens all weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Brooke,
    What a lovely photos with your felines being in Paradise. Never mind their name, the love they found is far more important!
    In yesterday's post I also did show one of our felines and in upcoming posts I will... It looks like our felines enjoy as much the outdoors in spring as we do!
    Sending you hugs for a happy weekend.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your field of flowers! It looks like perfect weather there! I hope you'll come join us at The Maple Hill Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so great Brooke. Love the kitty's playing out in the grass. We are just starting to see some Spring here. I cannot wait to see the blooms pop open.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!