Thursday, April 23, 2015

Farmhouse Style Kitchen Decor

Today I am sharing one of my accent walls in our country style kitchen.
It has been a bit since I have shared a kitchen post with you.
I love to incorporate vintage finds in my decor.
This is a repurposed drawer used to add height to my vignette.
I buy old drawers at yard sales when ever I see them.

The sign is a reproduction, but I love the old look.
 I have new burlap curtains and lots of beige in this area...
but the plaid wallpaper warms it up.
My pie-pan safe is one of my treasures.
I love it on this wall and have had the doors open for displays,
but it looks much better closed so you can see the tin design.
 This highchair was a flea market find, not a family heirloom... yet!
I love it as a plant stand.

I recently remade the big wreath I use in the kitchen.
Wow, wreaths are expensive anymore!
Here it was before from last fall...
It has fruit and other fall bits in it.
 
And here it is now with summer hydrangeas, purples and burlap.
 I have been in a plum and purple mood this year..
adding bits of blues as well...
And of course... lace.

I have more photos of the kitchen to share...
so come back soon!
xxx....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."