Monday, April 13, 2015

A Few Stolen Moments In The Garden

Hello again my sweets!
We had a beautiful weekend here in Indiana.
I stole as much time enjoying the garden as I could squeeze in.
We have been busy with the girls of course.


 But not too busy to enjoy my little hellebores blooming.
 I have a very small colony going... there are 8 plants... but hopefully they will take off and multiply!

This week we have seen a big warm up and the overnights are in the high 50's.
That means the garden is going to burst with new growth this week.
The late daffodils are  blooming.
 I love the "pink" doubles that look more peach, but still lovely.
Spring seems to pass so quickly... I have to soak it up as much as I can.
Speaking of enjoying the good.... Our oldest is having a wonderful tennis season.
She and her team won her first HS invitational this week.
We enjoyed seeing her play immensely... she is a hard worker.
And a bit competitive...  wonder where she gets that?

Thanks so much for visiting and please consider becoming a new follower too!
~Brooke~

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

2 comments :

  1. Brooke, I love hellebores, but don't have anyplace with enough shade where I think they would survive (although I think I need to try anyway, I just love them). Your double daffs are gorgeous! That peachy color reminds me of Just Joey roses - another favorite of mine. I know you're busy, and in another recent post I remember reading you are working a couple days a week. I thought you went back to work f/t, or were they flexible enough to just make it a few days? Sounds like your life is full of all the things that matter - family first, then the home & garden, and that necessary evil that funds a lot of it all - a job. ;) Here's to being the Type E woman - everything to everybody!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely bursts of color in your garden already! I can't wait to see what this season has in store for you!
    Congrats to your daughter and her team.
    Enjoy the spring weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!