Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What Happened To Scooby's Bed?

I know this is my third post about the new family room...

 All I can say is it is fun to photograph.
 And I added this planter in the corner.
I love the industrial look of it..
 And it matches the light perfectly.
It may be too busy for the new look, but the corner looked empty.
I will try it out for a bit!

Okay... ready for a cute story?
It is about our Great Dane... Scoob.

This was a very talked about photo of him on the blog this winter.
Yes, this was his couch... and yes he took up most of it.
This is his spot.., and if you sat in his spot he gave you "the look."

So for a long time we said we would not get new furniture until Scooby was gone.
You see, he is almost 11 years old, and that is remarkable for a dane.
And although he is in very good health, he is set in his ways.
Like all old men right?
 So here is our solution... he is using the chase lounge cushion as his bed!
 Yes, it had this long cushion and it made a wonderful dog bed on the floor.
I was worried he would try to get on the new leather, but he has not.  I keep pillows on them just in case, but he seems to like his new bed... even if he has to share it with Miley!

I thought you might get a kick out of our little make do... Thanks for stopping by!
Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

14 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly... we love our dogs... too much I think!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your solution for Scoob. I too had a great dane that lived to be eleven. Your new furniture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a bit stiff when he gets up... but aside from that he is great. You should see him when my husband starts the 4 wheeler... the runs like a pup!

      Delete
  3. Love seeing these pictures of your pups, Brooke! Scooby looks very comfortable on his "bed", as does Miley. Great idea to use a cushion on the floor. I just may try that for our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scoob had never had a "dog bed" they were all too small for him. I think he thinks he is still on the couch. Actually it is better for him, some days I think he had trouble getting up and down.

      Delete
  4. I can imagine you was a bit worried about your new leather couch, but you found the perfect solution for this grand old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was past worried. For a bit we put him in the basement when we were gone.. but I think he likes his bed now. We have another older couch in the living room he can still go to, but he likes to be near his family and the fireplace.

      Delete
  5. Haha, I love this! What a good boy :)
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About link party!
    Have a hreat day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Brooke,
    This is so cute. My daughter has a Dane and also a Boston Terrier too. Tooo Fun. Her Dane loves to lounge on the sectional too! They forget they are the size of a couch themselves lol! Great idea to give him the cushion he so loved. Very cute. Loved this post today Brooke.
    Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Brooke,
    What a very clever solution and yes, our pets, be it dogs or cats, own the house isn't it? But when we love them as much as we do; what can we change.
    Love your new set and it looks very warm and comfy.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Great bed for Scooby. I am sure he loves it since he had previously "claimed" it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke,
    Pets enrich our lives in amazingly wonderful ways!!!
    Scooby has found a new resting place. . .and in front on the sun filled window!!!
    Ah~h~h. . .I LOVE happy endings!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You were featured on Friday’s Five Features over on DIY Vintage Chic. Stop by and grab yourself a button! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2015/03/fridays-five-features-no-83.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!