Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Vintage Bridal Photos on my Antique Sideboard

Hello my dears....

 A few days ago I shared a glimpse of sideboard vignettes...
 So today I am sharing a better look at them.
I love to collect vintage photos.
 I wish I could say these are my family photos... but they are from flea markets and rummage sales.
Here I have bridal pictures, one of my favorite themes to collect.
 Some brides look happy....

Others not so much!
 I love to use iorn stone in decor.
Tucking little bits of color with the soft whites.
 The sideboard is a forever piece for me.  I just love it.  I have seen similar styles like this painted blue or even pink... I really hate to see them done up like that... I know it is popular for a time... but they are so beautiful with the rich wood glowing.  I have two small lights and they make the photos glow in the evenings.  A little lace, some burlap... a few flowers....  it's all good.

Beautiful does not have to be expensive... use what you love.
xxx....Brooke

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

10 comments :

  1. What a great piece and I love all the vintage details you added. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignette is gorgeous! Your bridal photos look so happy, so nice that you were able to rescue them and give them the love they deserve. I love to display folding yardsticks in various shapes too. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vignettes are always so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous vignette! I also collect old bridal and wedding cabinet cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a treat to see your gorgeous home! Your antiques and fabulous stylings are a feast for the eyes!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vignette! I love the mixture as ironstone as well. The bridal photos are so fun. Kind of sad that they aren't cherished heirloom photos of their relatives. Your sideboard is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful. I love the natural wood on the sideboard... And everything ties in together so beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing at Inspire Me Wednesday. Featuring you in this week's issue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and very special vignette! So timeless with the ironstone, lace and lovely photos. I understand about not wanting to paint the sideboard. When something is in such good condition, why change it? xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blogs and subscribed! I, too, absolutely love vintage photos. A photographer myself, I am a reluctant digital camera user. I love the old black and white and sepia tones of the film used in past years. I learned photography with film and I really, really miss it's quality.

    Anyway, I like your style and appreciate your love of "vintage". I look forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brooke,
    Thanks for linking up to Saturday Sparks. You have been featured today.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!