Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Repurposed Clock Face into Folding Side Table

 I have a fun DIY project to share with you all today---
I made a side table out of a yard sale clock face!
I have loved reading your comments about the new living room decor.
Yes, we still love the new couches.  And some of you were really looking at the pictures and saw there was a new addition in one I shared... the clock table!


I have to tell you, I love clocks... anything with type or numbers...
I have wanted a working clock coffee table for years.
I have seen similar tables go for lots of money in design stores.
So I was pretty proud of myself when I thought of using what I had in the basement to make my own!
 This is my original table, cute but ready for a remake.
It is a reproduction, not an heirloom, but a nice sturdy table none the less.
 And here is my clock... it too was cute, but kind of plain on the wall.
I liked it for the room... but it was not as big of clock as I wanted.
 So I combined them!  Yes... well my hubby did.
He drilled four holes and bolted them together.
He makes it look easy....
We took the clock apart and removed the back till it was a flat surface.
It was made with particle board.
 One cool thing is this table was a drop down....
And by bolting it... it still is!
It looks like a "clock stand" when it is down.
 Here you can see the bolts on the back.
This was a fun solution to a problem with my layout...
the table in the corner was too far back to sit your drinks on.
With the recliners open it makes a big, deep hole in that corner of the room.
So now with this little table.... problem solved.
 Plus it gives me more of my circle theme with the art.
 So here it is tucked away for more room
And here it is ready for use.
We have also used it as a game table...
My hubby and girls have played lots of scrabble this winter by the fireplace....

So the cost.... less than $10 for the two and four screws!
Since the decal was thin, I did coat it with four thin coats of poly....
so now it will be waterproof and ready for family use.

I love that!

Thanks for visiting and maybe I have given you an idea or two...
~Brooke~

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

19 comments :

  1. What a cool idea, Brooke...I too love clocks and have many thoughout my house. What a wonderful find...it makes a perfect tabletop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the drop table flowers the clock is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH! Brooke, it is absolutely awesome. I think it is fabulous that you can still tilt the table if you want. And you are right, it really enhances the circle theme you've got going on. Gorgeous! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute and I have a table just like your dropdown. I love clocks....I have way too many, but I could get more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having creative mind is a beautiful thing:) What a great accent to your new room! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the entire room - the table is ingenious! We have a square clock to repurpose, and now I have to find the right side table. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That table is truly beautiful. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, your "new table" looks amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke, you are sooooo smart! that is just stunning- thanks for linking w/ Shabbilicious Friday! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing this at Share Your Style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You can't beat $10, 4 screws and some poly! Stopping by from On Display Thursday. I like the circle theme and your new table does carry it on quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Brooke, yes you might have given me an idea. I have a similar situation so I might have to copy just a little bit. Thank you and I have pinned your table to give me inspiration down the road, and BTW I think it was an awesome idea, well executed and looks great!..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brooke, I love it! Such a fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! I featured this on my "Let's Talk Vintage" post today! Thanks so much for joining the party last week!

    ~Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great idea Brooke! It looks great! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Brooke, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at Share Your Cup this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a round clock sitting on my square coffee table lol - WOW this looks so much better - just beautiful !!!
    Thanks for sharing !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!