Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Our NEW Rustic-Reclaimed Family Room Reveal!


Okay, I have had you wait long enough!
Let's take a look at my new living room decor!!!


First off, lets share what it looked like before....
RIP big ugly green sectional!
You were good while you lasted... but we are over you.

Hello new leather oh so soft love seats.
They feel like butter.... that good....really.
I wanted a tranquil, almost Southwestern look to this room.
With lots of vintage accents of course.

I wanted something completely different.
 I loved these reclaimed (looking) industrial style tables.
They are almost modern for me... but they look great in the room.
 I love the touches of metal, especially the over sized clock.
Of all the things we did, I knew I wanted a huge clock!
 I wanted shelves somewhere in the room to change out with the seasons.
I love the idea of changing them with new accent colors.
I have used bits of copper in the the room for accents.
They match my nail head trim on the couches.
But basically everything is neutral, so I can add color when I want to.
 I love the new area rug and its simple design with a hint of color grays and blues.
 A wire tray makes a nice display on the coffee table.
 I love this glass vase, it is a reclaimed coffee pot that the handle broke off of!
This is such a big change in the room and I think it makes the new floors look fantastic.
 I am not near finished with this room.
I have three basically blank walls yet to go!
 I knew I wanted to use my "vintage man" in this room...
We are calling him Willy.  I love this piece.
Hopefully I can add more vintage finds to build on this look.
The black on the tables compliment the fireplace and other black accents in the room.
I painted three of the walls a light beige.  It was a gold grass cloth wallpaper before.
You are just seeing one half of the room.  The rest is still a work in progress.
Here is the chair on the opposite wall, as you can see...
Miley is breaking it in nicely!

I have been super busy these past few weeks... hopefully I can start sharing more again.
Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

36 comments :

  1. I love what you've done here Brooke. Just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Brooke! Your new tables are really special - love the look. I also think the copper accents are a super addition, just like Willy! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I had the copper in the kitchen... so why not add more here! The room open to each other. There is a big copper light in the next room, so it works! xxx...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Are you ready for this weather? Yuck!

      Delete
  4. It looks awesome! The couches are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... they remind me of soft, worn in leather jackets.... you just melt into them!

      Delete
  5. I love the new look! I used to not like leather furniture, but now I think leather couches are cool. Especially yours, they do seem so soft and inviting (as your dog will attest!) Love the neutral colors, too (I'm the same way). Isn't it fun to redecorate a room? I could redo my whole house over and over and still not be done!
    xokathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know if it was just me, this room would be lighter... but I have a hubby and this is "his" room. I knew I wanted the aged look and the NAIL HEADS... but honestly, it is how they feel that would sell you... they are soooo comfy!

      Delete
  6. Everything is beautiful Brooke! I love the clock.
    Lori from LL Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, it is from Kirklands and around $50. They had them in stock this week. I love it too, it is about 3 ft!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! How beautiful! I love it all but I really love your tables! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I ordered them online and was nervous about how they would look. But I love them, and they even look nicer in person. I love that they look like barn wood, but it is veneer... about 100 for the coffee and 80 for the side. They are Better Homes and Gardens new line.

      Delete
  8. It looks so cozy and hip. Thanks for linking up to The Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! Love your party too. I will be adding more as I go!

      Delete
  9. It looks wonderful, so comfortable and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely the favorite room in the house now. The fireplace is where we all hang out. More bad weather here, snowed in and cancelled school today.

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful change. I'll bet you can even smell the leather. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looks lovely- very comfortable and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your space looks great Brooke. Thanx for partying at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are in the process of remodeling a downstairs den into a man cave and I've been stumped on the furniture. This is exactly what I need, two love seats and a chair. Perfect solution. Brooke, your home is lovely. You can visit me at http://fifisfilosophies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room looks gorgeous! Every accent is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! That picture of Miley enjoying the new chair is so sweet! :o]

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your room looks inviting and very tasteful. Love the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, it's easy to see that your new furniture is very comfy. Is doggy approved. lol! The room came together nicely. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Visiting from The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday. What a transformation! Honestly, I would not have recognized it as the same space. I LOVE what you have done in your re-do. I do not know what the rest of the room looks like, but from what you've shown thus far I think it is perfect as it is, and does not need another single thing done to it. I think you got the wall decor you presented spot on -- don't need anything else in MHO. In its former incarnation, the room looked a little bit claustrophobic, and for my taste, at least, too much stuff on the walls. Sometimes it really is true that less IS more, LOL! Everything looks so coordinated now, but effortless, it's not matchy matchy but -- just a for instance -- the fact that the black metal in the industrial style tables you introduced to the room "kiss" the black metal around the fireplace box, it's just perfect! It's the little details like that that SO bring a great design together. You are batting 1000. And thank you so much for the lovely little doggy pic -- so cute! Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a wonderfully warm and cozy room Brooke! Happy to feature you at our party this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your new sofas and the tables are just perfect. The all over new look is so fresh and pretty. Thank you so much for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so cozy and warm. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that coffee table and the floors! They're fantastic! You've done a wonderful job making this space feel so warm and welcoming...thanks so much for linking to Shabbilicious Friday xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely room Brooke! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the new look Brooke! Those leather loveseats are gorgeous and the tables are perfect! How fun to go for a whole new look. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the room but Miley is the best of all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!