Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's getting warmer.... SLOWLY!


Hello again... 
I feel like I am getting out of my long winter hibernation and posting more. 
 Honestly we have been so restless to get out of the house.
We have been mostly snowed in three week out of the last month.
Okay only a few of those days was really snowed in.
But it has been so darn cold we have been home as much as possible.

 This past week I have called the new family room re-do mostly done...
And focused on adding some Spring color to areas of the house.
  I really enjoy this little carved goose.  We have so many here at the lake.  I have been watching the ducks and them migrate this week.  That and you are starting to hear the birds again.... always a good sign of spring!
 The antique wash machine is always a bit of a challenge to decorate.  You have to work around the mechanical bits on top of it.  I just filled them in with some greenery and burlap.
Soon I will go down and get the eggs and bunnies and such out of the basement.  But honestly after painting and all the mess... it is so nice for the house to just be clean for a little bit!

One last thing... I have been hearing quite a bit of negative news about faux wood flooring this week.
Ours is from Lumbar Liquidators and it has been wonderful.  It is a hickory pattern and you have to almost feel it to see that it is not real wood.  I have been extremely pleased with our floors and they were a fraction of the cost of real wood.  Ours are wide planked and hand-scraped looking.  I would not hesitate for a second to use it again.  They have been installed for 7 months now and still look brand new.  Just my two cents.... 

Thanks so much for dropping by and please consider becoming a new follower won't you?
~Brooke~
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

9 comments :

  1. Good morning, first time visitor. Enjoyed the photos of your lovely home. You've given me a couple great ideas for displaying my house plants. Love the Christmas cactus. You have several plants in vintage bowels that look great. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. I will be adding you to my Bloglovin page:)
    I took your home tour and LOVE your kitchen. It is so cute!!!
    AND, the rose garden is wonderful. I adore roses and have some, but I don't have a yard for growing them. Not enough sun in the right places. I am so envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke, your home is so beautiful!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and share on our link party Something to Talk About!
    We run Monday 6am-Thursday 5pm
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your vignette on the old washing machine. That piece alone is awesome. We are starting to see Spring in the Midwest too. So happy we are turning the corner on winter.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so pretty and so fun to think about that Spring right around the corner and getting to surround ourselves with those fun Spring things inside and out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shots Brooke. I bet you can't wait for the warmer weather. Here in Sunny Queensland, we're impatient for a cool change. It's Fall and we're still up in the 90F region. Sigh...I just want to light the fire and wear my snuggly socks! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, your home looks so beautiful. I love every vignette. Hoping Spring is on its way! :) Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely home you have! I love your style. Thanks so much for joining the "Let's Talk Vintage" link party this week! Pretty blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!