Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Vintage Style Dress Form

Hello my dears... hope you are enjoying a warm weekend by the fire...
We have had severe weather and ice and snow here in Indiana.
We have been snowed in for over a week now!

Today I am sharing this sweet corner of my office and my new vintage style dress form!


 I am starting to decorate for spring... with more of my sweet homemade tussie mussies and burlap.
This form was in my daughters room for the last couple years.
I had been waiting for her to be tired of it!
It was zebra sequined bling before....
Luckily I removed all the material and found this lovely burlap looking hard plastic shell!
So I did not change a thing... it was fate.
It makes a nice focal point with the plants.
 With a touch of antique milk glass and ivy.
 I lowered it so you could see the photos behind it.
 This area of the house is where I can have fun and be creative.
 I am thinking some angel wings might be in my future...
I love to see how people use these, now I am happy to say I have one too!

Thanks for stopping by....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

7 comments :

  1. Hi Brooke! Visiting from Silver Pennies. You did a nice job decorating that corner. I see those forms everywhere now. My sister-in-law got one from her aunt and it's the real form where the parts move or even come off. Her aunt sewed her own clothes and it is the exact size she was. I love that it has that vintage flair to it. Have a great week! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feel of that corner. So vintage pretty - especially with that dress form. I also love that Spring nest pillow. Dreaming on Spring here too!

    Happy week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful corner. So personal and special...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful corner and room. Love your dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Brooke. how are you? I'm so glad you came over and love this dress form and what you did with it. That whole vignette is so beautiful. I have a dress form that is white and I want to cover so you've inspired me. Thank you so much for linking up to our Something to Talk About Link Party and hope you'll join us again next Monday Morning too. have a great week, Lisa at Concord Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Brooke, thank you again for linking up and I hope you join us again tomorrow morning. Lisa at Concord Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have a dress form similar to yours. I had thought of painting it with chalk paint. Im not sure what it would look like after i took the fabric off. I wonder if you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!