Tuesday, February 3, 2015

First Tuesday Garden Party of 2015!

 Welcome to the first #tuesdaygardenparty of 2015!
This is my Indiana garden at a crisp 22 degrees with spitting snow!

But believe it or not... there are a few signs of Spring!
My daffodils are about an inch out of the ground and my French Pussy Willow is budding up.
It has been a fairly mild winter so far verses last year.
We have not had very much snow and only a few very cold days.

But February can be brutal month for us....
so who knows what is to come!

Hurry Up Spring!!





From Your Host for This Week - Jami @ An Oregon Cottage:

On behalf of Shelly, Brooke, Michelle, and me, we'd like to welcome you back to the Tuesday Garden Party! We hope your holidays were pleasant and that you're ready for a new gardening season - or at least ready to dream and plan about it. ;)



This last weekend we had unseasonably warm weather here in Western Oregon (sorry those of you buried in snow!) - in fact we set a record on Saturday with a temperature of 68 degrees. Talk about inducing spring fever! I took advantage of it by spending an hour tidying up the areas closest to our house out back. I thought it was about time to rid our view of all the dead, brown potted plants and perennials that I didn't get to in the fall before the frenzy of the holidays, wouldn't you agree?

It didn't take long - like I said about an hour - and I only filled a wheelbarrow, but it sure made a difference. Our view from the French doors and windows now is clean and neat - ready for the first bulbs to start blooming for spring. And the new green growth peeking out of the dirt is a sure sign.

Since this is our first link-up of the season, there aren't any favorites to pick yet, so I thought I'd add this collage of 5 of my favorite plants that I posted last week:



And ask you guys to chime in, too: what are some of the plants you'd always have at least one of - and why?

Then, link up a post of yours, new or old about favorite plants, vegetable varieties, or what's happening in your garden - we all love to see what you've got in store for us!


Feel free to grab the button and link it back to...




---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
To Join the Co-Hosted Garden Party:
    1. Link anything garden related: what's growing/blooming, tips, ideas, progress, harvests, recipes using the harvests, preserving tips and recipes - even garden decor (but, please no other decor links - lets keep to the theme). Links will be open from 5:30am (PST) Tuesday through 11pm Thursday of each week.
    2. Please link directly to your blog post URL, not your blog homepage URL. Please do not link Etsy stores, giveaways, or other link parties.
    3. By linking up to the Tuesday Garden Party you are giving the five blogs,listed above, permission to feature your project and/or photos on our social media outlets and blogs.
    4. If you wish to be featured, please include the “Tuesday Garden Party” button or a text link in your linked post (feel free to use the button found on the host's blogs).  
I can't wait to see what you share!
Don't have anything happening in your garden yet?
Share a favorite post from last year!

xxx....Brooke
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

The Best Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here at Creative Country Mom's!

Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! 
 Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 

 Co-Hosted with Michelle from Simplify Live Love
Jami from An Oregon Cottage
and Shelly from Frugal Family Home

 Don't miss this huge event every week! 

 We also have a new hashtag... 
#tuesdaygardenparty! 



5 comments :

  1. Thanks for hosting!! I linked up what my garden looks like in the dead of Winter....

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting, but I don't understand how one links up. Your home looks beautiful even in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow and sold here in Wisconsin. "Dreaming" with seed catalogs and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm excited to see your garden party is live again. That surely means spring is coming. I linked up a garden post from late January in middle TN. Thanks Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting Brooke and I am glad to see Garden Party back again! I linked up with a post on The McBryde Tropical Botanical Gardens in Kauai.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!