Monday, January 19, 2015

Yes, My Trees Are Still Up.... Warm Winter Lighting

I know... the holidays are over and you worked so hard to get it all put away.
But it is so cold and yuck outside.  It just makes you feel cold...
Blah... and plain tired.
So lets warm up with some accent lighting.
 I am the queen of lights with no purpose but to be pretty.
My husband calls it my fuu-fuu sh#t.
But I love it... and somehow need it in Winter months.




Like so many of us I think I get seasonal depression.
Not as bad as some, but I can tell I am not 100%.
So having light in the house, day and night seems to make me happier.
I love the look of lit rooms in winter months.
I have all the windows open to get as much light as I can.
And yes, I have my small trees still lit.
 And I will keep them up till Spring.
The house looks naked to me after you take the trees away.
All of the Christmas things are away like ornaments and such.
But the trees will remain.
 I have a dear friend who makes fun of me and says my house looks like a gift shop.
 But I am fine with that.  Actually that is a compliment to me.
If it makes you happy, do it!
The older I get the more I believe in being your true self.
As for my husband he married me, he married all of my fuu- fuu sh#it as well.
Were a package that way... oh that and my garden... pets... shopping... 
He knew what he was getting in to! :)

xxx....Brooke
_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

9 comments :

  1. love your pictures, and page. I have always had my own style, and have had a time of renewal in my life, maybe ten years of really soul searching. i am hesitant , and yet expectant of having a peaceful rest of my life, but finding this place today, i know was no accident. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have read this a week ago. Since we took down the tree and put everything away, it seems dark in the living room. The little white lights on the tree had given so much nice light in the evenings. I did think about keeping just the tree and lights up, but thought I'd probably never get around to taking it down if I let myself do that. lol I love your lamps. Nice inspiration. I need to do something to get more diffused light into the room. Beautiful photos, regardless of what your husband says. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our trees are still up as well ... I am taking down many of the Christmasy things, but leaving up one tree and the sparkly snowflakes,snowmen, icicles, lights, etc. We have such long winters up here that I just need that light and sparkle all winter long.

    As for your home looking like a gift shop ... well, if it does, it looks like a lovely one, a real oasis to visit. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Brooke.
    I am with you if it makes you happy to leave it up, then leave it up as long as you like........I just took mine
    down last week, but I was ready to move on now to some Winter decorating............I just love Christmas so much for the real reason of the season and don't see any reason we need to make it a one day event. When the decorations come down it is like the party is over, and I am never ready for it to be over that
    quick............lol
    So good for you, and hey, having your house look like a gift shop sounds good to me, cause most are
    very pleasant, fun and beautiful places to be.............so you go girl............
    My home is looking very sad right now and was hoping to get busy with getting it redone today but got a call
    for a dental cleaning cancellation since I had to cancell mine a week or so ago cause I was coughing so bad
    still......so this beats waiting till April.......lol

    You enjoy those lights..........I think white lights are just so elegant. 43 years ago we lived in Germany and
    all they had a Christmas time were white lights and back then I thought how boring.........now I love the white lights and don't really like the colored lights all that much...........so funny how we change!!

    Take care
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a small winter forest on the buffet and that is still up as are all the outside lights. This dark time of year needs the relief lights provide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What charming rooms you live in !
    And I think that your Christmas trees in these rooms are so lovely and may stay all Winter long, why not, if it does make you feel happier ;)
    Thank you, you blog is so lovely
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks very cozy...love the wire lamp shades...also the oak dresser in you foyer...I have a very similar dresser that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke,
    I agree, being true to one's self is a key to happiness!
    Your home is absolutely gorgeous, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter still has her trees up as well. I'm with you on having your home the way you like it. I use lots of faux flowers, even though, they are supposedly a no no in decor. I always enjoy your blog. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!