Sunday, January 25, 2015

The "Everything Goes" Country Garden Tour

Are you missing green like I am?
Today is a long overdue share of a local country garden I visited in 2013.  I have been saving these photos for a winter tour and am so pleased to present them for you to enjoy.  This garden was part of the 2013 Southern Indiana Master Gardener's Tour.  They should be having a 2015 tour this summer as well.  You can see more of this tour on my site under the "Garden Gawkers Series" tab.
This post will be listed as #16, so go visit the others when you have a chance!
 Welcome to the garden of Mike and Kay Haller.
I am going to let you wander around.... 
and then we will chat about it when you get to the end of this post!  
Have Fun!!




























 (I think this is Alba or White Joe Pye Weed)











Okay what did you think?
Did you love it?

Did you want to think it was a bit wild and not for you?
Or were you like me and kind of sucked into the lovely surprises
around each bin?  I will tell you this garden is well kept.
There were very few weeds and the garden paths were all mulched.
I loved that the gardens were self sewn and volunteers were  welcomed.
This is truly and excellent example of eclectic done right.
Of using what you find and finding a use for everything.

The containers were darling, but I don't know how they keep them all going!
I just loved the succulents in those work boots!

And are you like me and wanting single red hollyhocks this year now?

Chime in... I would love to know what you enjoyed...
xxx.....Brooke

To see more garden tours visit my Garden Gawkers Series Page!
_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

9 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! I just love garden tours and I am sure missing being out in mine right now! This is the type of garden I love. Last summer my husband and I went on a tour in a very nice neighborhood in West Lafayette. But the gardens had no personality - like they were all designed and maintained by a landscaping company. Boring! Give me lots of flowers and found objects any day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great garden pics. thanks for sharing. I love busy gardens with lots of odd interesting stuff in them. I wish I had more of a green thumb! I plant a few pots and planters and thats about that!
    have a great week
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, My Gosh! I love it! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, I did enjoy this ! I'll be looking at your other posts, too. I love garden junk and she has a nice assortment to complement the plants. Thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are all so wonderful. I'm looking forward to summer! Thanks for helping to warm up the cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to garden but I can't imagine how much work this is! Unbelievable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous garden! I totally enjoyed the picture tour. You did an amazing job mixing together random objects to create such an inviting garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I too enjoyed the surprises around every corner! I do have single red Hollyhocks and love them. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Garden. My opinion is that I wouldn't want that style of garden for my own home and garden, but I certainly admire and appreciate it. It is so creative, and I love all the interesting surprises.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!