Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Sweet Sunday at Home....

Oh it feels good to be home today...
Hubby and I worked all week.
Running here and there even with the bitter cold conditions.
Finally a day at home....
Sundays are treasured at our house.

If your lucky, I will fix a big breakfast.
Time on the couch catching up on our tv shows.
Me puttering around with my decorating.
An afternoon nap with the dogs....
 This Sunday is especially precious.
This week has been heavy with prayer for two beloved families.
I have lit a candle and tried to imagine my strength going to them.
Sometimes life does not make sense.  So, so fragile.
Everyday, count your blessings.
 I started this post about how I added some new treasures to my antique washing machine.
 The sweet water painting is new to me, but very old... lovely.
The baby is still new to me... a got it in December... but now you can see it more.
 
The little girl and white glass stand is also new finds. 
{I have been shopping a bit on my lunch hours.}
Working is going well, but a bit challenging with the weather this week.
Hopefully the ice will miss us in the morning.
Thanks so much for visiting and come back soon....Brooke 
_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

10 comments :

  1. Oh Brooke, I never tire of looking at that beautiful corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke,
    Sounds like you had a relaxing day at home. Sometimes we just get so busy out and about that it is so nice to actually stay home and sit down, look around and just enjoy the home that we've made and be happy with what we do have and how we have put it together. There's no place like home, right? Thanks for sharing your lovely cozy corner with us!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming space! I know I have said it before, but you have such a knack for putting things together. Isn't it the truth that when you have not spent much time at home, that day off is so much sweeter? Glad you enjoyed the day! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cozy corner Brooke, love your sideboard! I'm sure the families covet your prayers.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love being home on Sunday...it's a beautiful home...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brooke when I worked I looked forward to Sundays. Now every day seems like a Sunday.......LOL. I really have a hard time keeping up with what day of the week it is. I always enjoy your photos of your home. It is so cozy and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke,
    Work and home are always a 'tough' balancing act!!!
    Stunning vignette with your sweet Sunday at home.
    Life is fragile, indeed. I know your family appreciates your prayers.
    The colors in the print are so tranquil.
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how cozy this little corner looks Brooke. Would spend the afternoon here reading. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!