Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Vintage Wire Lampshade With Antique Style Cards And Crystals

Welcome back dear friends....
Today I am sharing a fun new look for my vintage floor lamp...
and a peek at more of the holiday decor!


Here is how the lamp and this corner looked this fall.
I loved seeing the architecture.... but it needed something more.
A lot more actually!
This is my wire shade that I have been saving for years to use.
It use to be covered in brown fabric, but I removed all of that...
and had a blank canvas to play with.
I added the reds for winter... and have new pillows in burlaps.
After Christmas I can use these in the living room.
But I am enjoying the red for now.
I found the crystals at Hobby Lobby and bought all they had.
Christmas is a great time to find little accents for all year for the home.
These were 3 for $1.99 and then 50% off... so I have all of these for $3!
 These tags I ordered online, but the scrapbooking section has tons of similar ones to choose from.
I have a bit of a bird theme going in my decor... and this little one is just darling.
 Love the details on these... I will use them all year.
 I added a burlap flower and vintage earring as it's nest.
A gold charger and vintage crystal plate add more sparkle.
 More vintage style tags are tucked in to the vignettes for Christmas.
 Little touches like these are such a simple idea.
  For only a few dollars, you can add so much charm to your home.
The little burlap flower was only $1.50 on sale.
To me the holidays are not about spending a fortune.
But about using the thing you already love...

And adding special little bits and pieces that can be used for years to come.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    

Christmas in the Country Starts Friday!
I can't wait for you to see all the lovely homes and links at the party!
It all happens right here at Creative Country Mom's!


Christmas In The Country - Blogger Holiday Home Tour and Link Party on Pinterest.

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

8 comments :

  1. You amaze me with your creativity. I love all your projects and all your decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic display and your lampshade is beautifully vintage. Love the tags hanging on there too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful displays and I love the idea of using what you already have. So pretty Brooke...thank you for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so pretty....looks like you had a good time putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it all looks amazing...your home is beautiful. HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful idea! It adds a touch of whimsy with the little tags and ornaments! So glad I stopped by!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I love that little round table. I have a similar one that my brother made in high school wood shop! I've never displayed it...except beside my my bed.... this makes me want to bring it out front and center! This lampshade is adorable too...love your vintage tags and crystals... everything! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and feminine, and great decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!