Friday, November 14, 2014

Simple Farmhouse Thanksgiving to Christmas Table Vignette

The countdown is on till Turkey Day....
And I am hosting this year.
And yes, I am putting my Christmas out before Thanksgiving.
And I have no guilt whatsoever.  Nope, not a bit.

But I do love Fall, and everything about Thanksgiving.
You see my whole house is in the fall color scheme.
So I wanted to keep the warm tones going on our farmhouse table.
This is the lovely McCoy planter I found this summer.
Remember I got it for like $3?
I am collecting pottery in these colors... just love them.

But my theme... if you could call it that is Burlap and Lace this season.
I am doing three burlap trees and have been making bows and runners.
 So I knew I wanted that same look on my table.
So I found an old lace runner that was a good size.
Then made a simple scrap of burlap to layer.
It looks so pretty with the copper light shining down on it of an evening.
I also have this little McCoy pitcher I love filled with fresh Cinnamon sticks from the grocery store.  They don't cost much and add such a lovely scent to the table without lighting a candle all the time.
 My little Norfolk Island pine is really doing well on the table.
It has grown from a tiny 4 inch pot last Christmas.
 I have a tiny little start of ivy in with it to fill in the low spots soon.
I added some moss and a few pine cones.
I have done huge arrangements on my table for the holiday season.
But honestly, I think I like this more.
The table is ready to eat at, or it can simply be cleared off for a game of cards.
Nothing that would take me all day to fix back again.
Simple is good.... Sometimes.... lol.

Plus all it cost me was the cinnamon... 
everything else was from around the house.
I have been shopping this week and say tons of things I would love to buy.
But honestly, I am trying to rethink and rework all the things I have stashed away.

Hey you are peeking at the Kitchen again!
Dang it... You all have to wait...
My house and so many more will be on my very first...
"Christmas in the Country"
Blogger Home Tour starting the day after Thanksgiving.

And guess what... yours can be too!
(See the link below)

Feeling overwhelmed... haven't even started yet....
That is okay... I will be having a two week link party too.
So you can add your posts when you get them up.
I can't wait to see them all....
You can get some ideas then or check out my new Pinterest page below.
It is full of cute holiday inspiration.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am so excited and happy to be hosting my first Blogger Home Tour this December!  So far we have 20 homes on the tour... there is still time to add yours to the list.  Please contact me at creativecountrymom@gmail.com for more information.

Christmas In The Country - Blogger Holiday Home Tour and Link Party on Pinterest.

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!