Thursday, November 20, 2014

Printed Burlap Themed Christmas Tree in Front Entry

Hello my dears and welcome back!
Today I am sharing some of my front entry area.
It may seem like I am jumping the gun sharing a tree before Thanksgiving.
But this tree has been up for at least two months.
It was part of my fall decor....
But for Christmas I glammed it up a bit with browns and bling!
I guess it started when I bought my new printed burlap fabrics.
I just knew I wanted to use them on a tree or two.
I cut them into six inch strips and frayed the edges a bit.
I love the look of this... almost a leopard from a distance, so much fun.
I added some extra burlap to cover the base and add more interest.
 The tree has pinecones in it... but I added more sparkle with glittered ones.
 The brown sprays and ornaments I had from last year. 
I have more of these colors in the foyer... which I will share on the tour.
 But I really enjoy this look for all winter.
 It matches with my vintage, which I enjoy.
But I would call this a contemporary tree for me...
The perfect mix of funky and fun.

I am doing things much differently this year for the holidays.
I sold so much of my decor in the yard sales this summer.
I am trying not to do the same old thing....
and this is a fun new direction for me.

Plus, all it cost me was a few dollars for the burlap.
I love that....

How long will I keep it up?
Well... for a while.
I may take the ornaments off and add more burlap bits.
I could see some vintage style tags with numbers looking great on it.
Or maybe some old photos... who knows.
But for now... I am loving the BLING!

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    


I am so excited and happy to be hosting my first Blogger Home Tour this December!  So far we have more than 30 homes on the tour... there is still time to add yours to the list.  Please contact me at creativecountrymom@gmail.com for more information. 


I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

1 comment :

  1. Loved the unique colors you used in the tree! Thank you for sharing with us, you were featured this week at Ivy and Elephants. Feel free to grab a featured button. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!