Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Our Farmhouse Front Porch

The days are getting cooler, but there is still so much to enjoy on our farmhouse porch...
Let's take a little look around today!

 If you are looking for fall decor, there is none!
 Yes, I know... how disappointing... but I have fall colors in the yard.

We love way out in the country, so nobody sees this but us.  And you!
 And I have been enjoying the bright pastels this year.
Previously our porch was done in Americana, red, white and blues...
But I redid it in the brighter colors and really like it.
The pink rug is a new addition... I love its size and pattern.

Plus it is cozy on bare feet when you are swinging!

We do cozy, I keep bed pillows with quilted shams on the swing.
Perfect to snuggle in to.
Bay here agrees, all five cats sleep on the swing and chairs.
 
My house is done in neutrals, but here is my place to go wild with bright colors.
 And vintage goodies of course.
 The porch has a wonderful view of the gardens and the other lake across the road.
I have a mint green stool for a side table / cat perch.
This is Bay and he is the most photogenic cat ever.
He loves to get his picture taken... silly cat.
 The pillows are yard sale finds... nothing too valuable... just pretty.
I love to use quilts vs decor fabric, so when they fade it just looks country.
And they are so soft and usually cheap at tag sales.
 We live on a gravel road and everything gets filthy.
So I just throw them in the wash every few weeks.
 I will be taking everything off the porch this weekend.
All the siding needs washed and it is a mess to do.
Bringing the most of the plants down to the basement to try to winter them.
And then start thinking about what to do for a touch of Winter and Holiday Decor... it will be here before we know it!  But before I took it all apart, I wanted you to see it.


Thanks So Much For Visiting!

xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  
    
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party right here at 
I am linking to these wonderful parties.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!