Monday, November 10, 2014

Oreo Ice Cream Cakes in a CUP!

 I can't wait to share with you this fun idea!
Ice Cream Cakes in a CUP!


 Easy, easy and so much fun to make!
Have the kids help you... if you dare...

You will need...
Cupcake Wrappers (or you could do a sheet cake)
French Vanilla Cake Mix
Bag of Oreo Type Cookies
Vanilla Frosting
Half Gallon of Vanilla Ice Cream
Two Tubs of Cool Whip
Chocolate Syrup
Small Plastic Cups

Sounds good so far right?

 Make you cake mix as directed...

But sprinkle in about a third of the oreos...
crumbled into the batter.

Bake your cupcakes or sheet cake as directed.
 I had 24 cupcakes...
So I put ice cream and syrup in each of the cups.
I generous scoop, but leave room for your layers.
 Next I added another third of the cookies crumbled into my vanilla icing.
I took the wrappers off the cupcakes and iced them...

Messy is GOOD. 

 The dropped them into the cups and crumbled them a bit.
 Then added a few broken pieces of the left over oreos.

You can never have too many oreos!

 Then added the cool whip and syrup.
 Umm... Yumm!

Freeze them for at least two hours before serving.

Okay, besides being oh so dang good.... these are so cute to serve.
If you are a PTO or classroom mom... you will be the hit of the party.
Plus, everything is all ready, no scooping... no mess.

The cake stays really fresh too.
My 24 cups fit on two cookie sheets and 
I covered them with aluminum foil till they were ready to serve.
They will last about a week in the freezer too.

You could do any flavors... but we love OROES... don't you?

Thanks So Much For Visiting!

xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  
    
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!