Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas Parade of Lights

Even though I have been in the mood for weeks...
Christmas for me officially starts with the Christmas Parade of Lights.  


 It is a family tradition to meet with our cousins and make an evening out of it.
 We usually have to bundle the kids up... 
but this year we had a lovely evening in the high 50s.
 We visit the downtown shops and visit with a few friends.
And lots of cookies and treats along the way....
 But it is the lovely floats and music I enjoy.
 The best one every year is done by local churches.
 So beautiful.... my pictures do not do it justice.
 Everything and anything is decorated for the parade.
 Even farm equipment and lawn mowers!
But it is so much fun for the kids... of all ages.
I know a bunch of towns do this for the holidays...
But does your have a giant watermelon every year?
Lol, this is actually the town we moved from Vincennes, Indiana.
And they are known as the Watermelon Capital.
They even drop this big thing for NEW YEARS from a crane.

We all three look forward to the parade every year. 
These are my two sweets and my cute as a button niece. 
Only a little spoiled.... 
but we will keep them.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    

I am so excited and happy to be hosting my first Blogger Home Tour this December!  So far we have 20 homes on the tour... there is still time to add yours to the list.  Please contact me at creativecountrymom@gmail.com for more information. 

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

2 comments :

  1. wow, super neat! and who knew there was a vincennes, indiana! we stayed for a week in vincennes, france, in april. happy thanksgiving!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about Indianna but it looks like a very cute place to live...like something out of a novel. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!