Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Antique Photo Garland - Vintage/Country Style Decorating Ideas

Welcome back my dears.
Today is a fun idea for an all year vintage style vignette.
Today I am sharing a Garland made with twine and clothes pins!


This season I am doing more winter than "Christmas".
Lots of neutrals and bits of burlap and lace.
I usually do a big wreath on my antique mirror.
But this year I wanted something different.
For winter, I just had to do something wonderful with my vintage photos.
But I did not want to damage them or use any glue or tape.
So clothes pins were a perfect solution... and a cute one too!
What says "Country" more than clothes pins and twine?
I added these darling little burlap flowers from the scrap booking section of a craft store.
There are tons of cute things for your Vintage decor in the craft section!
I just knotted the twine on the ends and secured it with a push pin.
But that looks a little plain to me.
So I got into my button collection.
And found some cute brown ones.
Then added poster sticky-stuff to the backs.
This stuff is great.. does not damage the walls and works great for small trinkets.
So my garland has some buttons on the ends and looks so cute.
This year I am all about reworking what you have.
Shopping your own home and thinking outside the box for the holidays.
This little vignette is on my front entry... 
I will show you it all together in my "Christmas in the Country" home tour after Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
I am so excited and happy to be hosting my first Blogger Home Tour this December!  So far we have 20 homes on the tour... there is still time to add yours to the list.  Please contact me at creativecountrymom@gmail.com for more information.

Christmas In The Country - Blogger Holiday Home Tour and Link Party on Pinterest.

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

7 comments :

  1. I love your style Brenda. That view of the lake is beautiful! You've inspired me. I can't wait to tweak your idea with old Christmas postcards. I collect buttons too!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and just my kind of decor !
    Susan Homeroad.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage photo garland is so pretty on your antique mirror. Love the simple touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Brooke and I like the old photographs pegged up.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I have a bunch of vintage photos, so I'd love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, sentimental and perfect for the holidays! Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea! I have so many vintage photos and a collection of antique cards. This would be so much fun to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!