Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Very Vintage Christmas - Decorating for the Holidays with Antiques

Merry Christmas and Welcome to my Vintage Style Office,
formerly my dining room.


I had so much fun putting this together this year.
I am so happy to share it with you!
Most of my ornaments are antique or homemade this year.  I found this lovely box of vintage light reflectors and the book page ornaments the girls and I made two Christmases ago.  I just love the crusty patina on the reflectors.
I put this little tree in a small bucket with burlap and a sweet sign.
The sideboard has our traditional candy buffet and the vintage angels I repurposed.
 The pillow on the left started this vignette.  I had more neutrals on the bench for fall, but wanted to add a bit of red.  I added the checked skirt that I tea stained to look more vintage, then added the sweet chicken quilted pillow and the burlap feed sack one is new this year.  I took all the decor off the bench and you can actually use it if needed for additional seating.
 I am so happy with this little vignette with the glass bird.
I will be adding more mercury glass soon, I am in love with its glow.
 The little fabric scraps are its tail.  The burlap flower its nest.
 I made several burlap flowers this year and added the sweet vintage graphic tags.
 Here is a tutorial on how I make my bows.
I added a sweet antique earring to the flower nest... just a bit of bling!
Antique lace in every corner... the older the better.
 My office area is an old library table, a hope chest that I recovered to match the drapes and an old endtable with brass knobs.  It gives me plenty of storage and fits the look of my home.  Functional can be pretty too.  The little chair on my desk is new this year from a thrift store.
 Some of the vintage style tags I made this year too.
This one was repurposed from a Christmas card.
 The antique style star is the perfect topper for my sweet high chair tree.
 I love this child themed area with the sleigh and sweet laces.
 More than any other year, I am happy with my displays.  I somehow just knew what I wanted to do this year, and did not worry too much about hitting the stores for that new something or other.  I just found some bits and pieces like lace from my craft closet and tags and small trinkets from a craft store.  Things that were not just for the holidays... but little accents I could use anytime.  Really the most I did buy this year was a few more small strands of lights.  I love reusing the things you already have, making them fit into new vignettes and making your home special and unique.

As the new year approaches, I hope to share so many more ideas with you.  I hope we can become new friends and you will follow along, not just for the Christmas tours... but into 2015 and beyond....


God Bless and Happy Holidays!
xxx...Brooke



_________________________________________________________
Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    
Christmas in the Country has started!
I am so happy to share all the wonderful ideas, home tours and decorating posts. Each day I will share 3-4 home tours and features from the link party, right here at Creative Country Mom's!

I am also hosting a holiday themed link party going on right now.
Click here to add your own posts and see the holiday shares!
There is also a Christmas in the Country Pinterest page  for you to follow.
I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

8 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE your decorations and your home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pretty vignettes. Everything looks just so pretty.
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thrilled to find a fellow antique lover! Gorgeous decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty everything looks. I love the tree in the highchair, and those ornaments wrapped in script. Your home is lovely. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the vintage, shimmery look of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just marvelous, Brooke! What a wonderful job you have done! Especially love the way you hung the ornaments from the buffet table knobs all in a row - will definitely use this idea. Thank you, as always, for your inspiration. Always love to see what you'll come up with next. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, your home looks like a Christmas Fairyland...I love all you've done....

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything looks beautiful!Happy pink sat,Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!