Friday, November 28, 2014

1000th Post - Warm Winter Touches in my Country Kitchen

Welcome back my sweet friends!

I truly find it hard to believe this is my 1000th post here at Creative Country Mom's!  

I am thrilled to share my home and little projects with you.  I have been blogging almost 7 years now, and I have loved every bit of it.  I feel I have found a place in the blogging world, not too big, not too small.  A lovely circle of friends like me that enjoy sharing a little glimpse of our lives and interests.  As with all bloggers, you start out so small, then every year a bit more... till you are so humbled to have reached so many who know and subscribe to your work.  It is really, sincerely a joy and passion for me.  I am every thankful to each of you.


Okay Brooke, lets see what your are sharing today! 
We are looking at the simple winter touches in my country kitchen.

This year I have to tell you... I was not decorating for Christmas really...
but more winter months were what I was going for.
 When it turns cold in Indiana, I just want to snuggle in.
 
I have the fireplace going every day and have the candle on the island lit most of the time.

I love the warm glow of my kitchen... it is a warm and welcoming space.
That is the #1 comment from my readers and visitors... how they could live in this space.  That is exactly what I aimed for.... and we love it as well.  Everyone gathers in our kitchen.
 One area I have struggled with over the years is my island.
At times I have noting on it, more of a work space for meals and crafting.
I make wreaths here, paint small projects and of course cook!

But other times I want it to be a focal point in my kitchen.
A place to add something special to enjoy.
This year my starting point was this vintage style tray from a yard sale.
I loved the red color and it was a good size for the island.
 I found little bits of rusty-crusty treasures, scraps of burlap ribbon and a few acorns and greenery.
I adore this little angel, this is exactly the kind of things I love to add to my decor.
 The little scalloped metal tray and crystal bowl hold the small taper.

I use to be a glass jar candle person... collecting scents from specialty stores for the seasons.  But I been in a simple and thrifty mood lately and decided to use up all those dusty tapers I have collected over the years.  I had more candle sticks and different colored candles than any one woman should ever own...  But lately I have been using them and I love the look of the candle in the glass bowl.

Plus, I can buy a small taper for only $1!
We won't mention what my specialty candles use to cost...
 But I am a scent person... I love to have the house smell good.
Vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin, baked apple....
my latest favorite is coconut cream pie scented candles.
 For the holidays I have these simple quilted place mats out.
I think I got these on the clearance rack at Walmart a few years ago.
Here is the reverse side, I love these and have a few different colors.  
They can be thrown in the wash and just look better with age.
 To me it is not about spending a fortune or having the latest thing in home decor.
It can be from a favorite shop... or Goodwill or a flea market.
 But it is more about being happy with what you have....
and using up what you have stashed away.
Rethinking everyday objects into lovely displays.
 And enjoying the little nest of your charming spaces every day.

Happy Holidays and God Bless!

xxx...Brooke

_________________________________________________________

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  Brooke has started doing freelance photography work, contact her for your business or family photography needs.  She also provides social media training and services including graphic design work for other websites and area businesses.
    

Christmas in the Country has started!
I am so happy to share all the wonderful ideas, home tours and decorating posts. Each day I will share 3-4 home tours and features from the link party, right here at Creative Country Mom's!




I am also hosting a holiday themed link party going on right now.
Click here to add your own posts and see the holiday shares!
There is also a Christmas in the Country Pinterest page  for you to follow.

Christmas In The Country - Blogger Holiday Home Tour and Link Party on Pinterest.

I am linking to the parties found below this post on my page.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

5 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th post-that's an accomplishment. Your home is looking so warm and inviting for the holidays and you have such a nice sense of decorating. I love the little touches right down to the place mats and scented candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 7 years and 1,000 posts...that's incredible! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! 1000 posts is a great accomplishment. :). I love all of your Christmas decorations. They add such a special touch to your beautiful kitchen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 1000 posts!
    I would love to know where you got the christmas tree in your kitchen. I am finding it hard to find a very slim tree and that is what we need as our living room is small. Thanks.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is certainly the heart of your home. It's so warm and inviting! I'm wondering like Janet above, where did you get that little tree in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!