Tuesday, October 7, 2014

End of the Season Roses & Tuesday Garden Party 10/7



Welcome to the Garden Party!

And welcome to October in my Indiana garden.


 Today I am sharing my lovely pink double knockout roses.
 And the wonderful flush of blooms they have this week.
 Many of my other roses are losing leaves and not blooming.
 We have had some mid-30 degree nights already.
But the knockouts are still going strong.
They are such a workhorse in the garden...
Okay... lets get to the party!


An Oregon CottageFacebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
Frugal Family HomeFacebook|Pinterest|Instagram|Twitter|Google+
Simplify Live LoveFacebook|Pinterest|Instagram|Twitter|Google+
Creative Country MomFacebook|Pinterest|Twitter|Google+

From your host this week, Shelly at Frugal Family Home


Our garden is quickly fading as the crisp fall weather and the shorter days have started. I had collected some of our sugar snap peas earlier this year, to save for next year. I've been collecting beans that have gotten past their prime on our pole and bush bean plants too. I like to save seeds each year from our garden to plant the following year. I guess you might say I'm too cheap to even buy seeds.

I had carefully sorted out the Bush Wax Beans and the Blue Lake Pole beans, so I wouldn't get their seeds mixed up. But as you can see by the photo above, that really wasn't a problem at all. The wax bean seeds are black and the pole beans are white. Pretty easy to sort them. :)



Now for this week's featured posts!



Sensible Gardening and Living share about saving seeds. Be sure to check it out if you want to start saving your own seeds too.

Our Stoney Acres had 5 reasons why you should plant a garden. I garden for the same reasons she has listed. Need to convince someone to start gardening? This would be a great place to start.

I love, love, love Little Farmstead's Country Fall Porch Photos. I really want her front porch. If you missed it last week be sure to take a look. You'll have porch envy I'm sure.

Growing in His Grace has a nice tutorial about how to dry carrots. I dry our extra carrots for soups in the fall and winter.

Homestead Mania, has a great beginners guide to chopping wood and she even has a video too. I know I chop wood for our woodstove and her tips are great.

Minnie's Milestones shared Fall Crocus planting in rock and clay tips. We have a few Crocus and I might need to plant a few more in our clay soil and see how they do.

It's your turn to share what's happening in your garden,



Thanks so much for joining us!
Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Get All My Posts Directly In Your Inbox!

 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party
Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty
Don't blog? That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts.  
It all happens right here at ...
I am linking to these wonderful parties...   Under the Table and Dreaming Nifty Thrifty Sundays Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party Silver Pennies Sundays Share It One More Time Share It Sunday Its So Very Cheri Sundays At Home Share It One More Time Enchanting Inspiration Party DIY project Parade DIY Sunday Showcase Recreate and Decorate The "Sunday Stop" Amaze Me Monday The Scoop Masterpiece Monday Table It Party Thrifty Treasures  Mod Mix Monday Metamorphosis Monday The Art of Home-Making Mondays Get Your DIY On Make the Scene Monday Project Inspire{d} Mondays The DIYers Be Inspired Knick of Time Tuesday Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Inspire Me Tuesday Tweak It Tuesday History and Home Party Tuesdays At Our Home The Scoop Table Top Tuesday Tuesdays Treasures Tuesdays With A Twist Be Awesome Party Twirl & Take a Bow Tuesday Garden Party What's It Wednesday Cottage Garden Party Wow Us Wednesdays Under $100 Link Party What We Accomplished Wednesday Moonlight and Mason Jars Uncommon Designs Time Travel Thursday Home and Garden Thursday Grace At Home Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursdays  Thrifty Life Thursday Catch as Catch Can  Thursday S.T.Y.L.E. Party  Tablescape Thursday So Much At Home Cherished Bliss  Feathered Nest Friday Shabbilicious Friday Show and Tell Friday  Vintage Inspiration Friday Home Sweet Home Friday Inspiration Friday Sweet And Simple Fridays Fabulously Creative Fridays Junkin Joe Fridays Unfolded Frugal Friday Flaunt It Friday Party Junk Pink Saturday Show and Tell Saturday Saturday Showoff  Weekend Bloggy Reading A Bouquet of Talent Saturday Sparks

*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!