Friday, October 17, 2014

DIY Tutorial - Fringed Burlap Bows

Okay, are you ready for a fun five minute project?
Let's make some burlap bows!
First off, there are so many cute burlap patterns out there.
I have several new ones for fall and Christmas.
This plaid is just darling... perfect for BOWS!

Here is the source where you can get it...
it is $8 a yard and if you order $35 it is free shipping!
 This project super easy!
I hope I can explain it without confusing you!
Here goes....
Cut a strip of burlap... mine was about 6 inches by 30?
I am guessing here....
 Pull your little strands to make lovely edges...
Do all four sides... mine was about a half inch fringe.
 Now imagine you are making a Breast Cancer ribbon symbol.
You know what I mean, a large loop that lays flat.
 Now move the loop top to the places they cross to make a bow shape.
 Now pinch it together more with your fingers.
Try to keep it as flat as possible.
 Hopefully it will look something like this!
 I like to tie mine with twine... but wire would do as well.
Whatever you have on hand.
Okay, why the twine?
Let me give you some hints on working with burlap.
It does not want to tie well.
It is bulky and non-forgiving.
The small sting in the middle, looks more finished.
And more of the pattern shows.
 I decided to use this one to dress up a lampshade.
But the possibilities are endless....

Can't wait to see the ones you make and how you decorate with them!

Thanks So Much For Visiting!

xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  
    
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party right here at 
I am linking to these wonderful parties.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

1 comment :

  1. Amazing tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    Sharing some more burlap bow designs

    http://ideas4diy.com/31-interesting-diy-burlap-bow-tutorials/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!