Monday, October 20, 2014

DIY - Burlap Runner Tutorial and Country Fall Decor

Hello and welcome back to Creative Country Mom's!
Today we are making a fun BURLAP TABLE RUNNER.
And it is super easy too!

 Cut your burlap fabric to the size you desire your runner to be.
Maybe measure your furniture first for a perfect fit.
 If you have a sewing machine, do a very simple straight stitch around all four edges.
You can do this without sewing, but you will need to be careful with the edges.
I do not sew my bows and they do fine, this is up to you.
 Here is the sewn edge, about 3/4 an inch is what I did.

Now start pulling the strands, they will eventually stop at the sewn seam.
Then trim them to the same as the fringe as you go.
 Look a perfect edge!  Presto!!
Okay, it is not perfect, but it looks darn good to me.
 Here you can see I made a bow in the same fabric.
This will be used in the family room on my Christmas tree.
Fun print huh?
You can purchase it here.
 Here it is on our fireplace mantel.
I need my hubby to help me with the TV to get it straight.
But good enough for now!
 I have a country/vintage them in this room.
 The runner is a great addition.
 Chippy and fun...
With lots of license plates... yep.... love them too.
 Here is the only pumpkins in the house...
 Most went in the last yard sale, but these I kept.

Want to see the rest of this room?

You will... soon... I am enjoying doing it bit by bit!
So come back soon and see some more...

Thanks So Much For Visiting!

xxx...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at local gardening education events and area organizations and clubs.  
    
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party right here at 
I am linking to these wonderful parties.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!