Friday, September 12, 2014

This Morning's Yard Sale Finds...

Hello there... Happy Friday...
I took the girls to school this morning and hit a few 
of the city-wide yard sales.
I am funny about yard sales, I have to be in the right mood.
This morning it was in the low 60s and I could not resist.
I had carefully read the adds and went off looking for vintage stuff.
My first score it this very large McCoy pottery piece.
It is larger than it appears, 8 inches tall by 10 inches wide.
I got it for 50 cents... yes, it has a few chips... 
but it is worth much more than that.
 I have several more McCoy's and love this color.
 This is a weird find, even for me.
It looks like a flour sack.
 Even with the frayed edges.
I love the primitive look, even though I am getting away from it a bit.
 But I had never seen anything like it and for 50 cents I brought it home.
It would look good for patriotic holidays or maybe even framed.
Definitely statement piece material. 
 I bought more lace than just this... but here are a few sweet pieces.
I love runners and buy almost all I see if they are reasonable.
$2 for all of this.
 Okay, I hope you like this as much as I do.
It is hand made in a lovely linen.
 The same pattern on each end... with the initial H.
 With me loving burlap and having so much this would match I will use it.
I just have to figure out where to put it first.
 Table scarves are another favorite of mine.
 Anything with pink and aqua is calling my name.
 This one has frayed edges too.
 Such beautiful details and so much work!
All of these were under a dollar each.
 I fell in instant love with this one as soon as I saw it.
 Scalloped edges and vintage graphics are so me,
especially for 50 cents.
 These three frames are in perfect shape.
 I have been replacing dated frames with even older ones!
But I love the real ones so much better at a dollar each.
 Okay, maybe this takes you instantly back to 1990.
 But I love the cottage style and got 6 of these toppers for $2,
If I end up doing a show or event they will look great on the tables.
I could not buy fabric for that..... and it looks very Rachel Aswell to me.
 This little vintage style star will look great on the lace tree in a few weeks. (.50)
 Much more lace for all the sewing project I will never get done this winter. ($1)
 I saved the best or worst for last!
A denim boho bag... handmade.
I got it for $1 and I could not stop looking at it.
So I bought it.
 It is funky and weird and if I saw someone else carrying it... 
I would love it.
Maybe it is not for every day... but when I go to Vintage Events it will fit right in.
Plus it is super comfy to wear and my big camera and lens would fit in it!

So all and all... lots for great stuff for under $20.
I did not buy any clothes, but I did buy two big bags of paperbacks for the winter.
At a quarter each I can't go wrong.

When I tell you I thrift on the cheap... I mean it.
It is okay if things look worn and have a nick or two.
They fit right in at my house!

xxx....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!