Sunday, September 7, 2014

Late Summer Cottage Blooms....

The cottage style plantings of the front gardens have been so pretty this year.
Lets take a look to see how they are doing at the end of August...


The blooms around the arbor are slowing down a bit, but still quite lovely.
I have been cleaning up these beds regularly, but some of the humid weather has slowed me down a bit.
But the flowers do not seam to mind at all.
 This is your view as you pull up our driveway.
 My goal has been to have something blooming all season long.
The arbor is a wonderful focal point.
 Our home is a farmhouse style and the gardens surround it on all sides.
Pink-Double Knockout roses are a favorite.
 The hydrangeas and dark foliage are so pretty in late summer. 
 A few of the phloxes are still blooming, most have been cut back in hopes of another flush of blooms.
 The kittens are following me as I photograph today.
Another lovely shot of the pink roses.
The fall perennials are just starting to show colors.
 I am not really ready for summer to end.
 But my garden is telling me every day that it is.
Thanks so much for visiting today!
Leave me a note and I will follow you back...Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!