Friday, September 5, 2014

Is There A Message Just For You?

Today's post is a bit unusual I guess.
But I wanted to ask you...
Do you have a lucky number?
 A special number that means something to you.
Do you put any faith in luck?


Well in some way.... I do.
My number is 12.
For as long as I remember I have thought of this as my lucky number.


I was born on the 12th of March...
a few too many years ago.

So 312 is what I would call my lucky numbers.

What does that mean to me?
I always wanted to be #12 on a list.
Sit in the #12 seat.
Weird I know...

When I was in High School I showed quarter horses all over the Midwest.
I was Nationally ranked for two years.
And every single time I could use 312 as my show number I did.
This continued on thru adulthood.
When it came time to choose a wedding date I sure tried
to have it on the 12th, but the idea of having it on a Tuesday 
was not to be.... lol.
Then came my pregnancies and motherhood.
I was due on Nov 7th with my first child.
For weeks I told everyone I would have her on the 24th of October.
I have no idea why I felt so strongly about it.
Sure enough... she came early that morning.

12 x 2 = 24

Oh the crazy continues.

Then when I became pregnant with my second daughter...
She came on April 8th.
4+8=12

I it is a little weird...
Me:12
Maddie: 24
Morgan: 48 (4/8)

Oh it even gets better....
My parents were born on the 4th and the 8th...
4 +8 = 12


So what does that mean to me now?
It is just a funny quirk I guess.

No, I don't go buying lottery tickets with those numbers.
But if I did, that is what I'd use.

So today I thought maybe those numbers could mean something else.

Maybe there was a message for me.


So I did a search to see the 3:12 verses in the Bible.
Here is what I found.....

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Ecclesiastes 3:12
I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live;  also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.
Ephesians 3:12
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.

Thessalonians 3:12
May the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you.

They all speak to me in different ways.
Maybe this was the message all along.
Made just for me to know.


Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

This is the one that speaks to my heart.
I will have it near me now as a message.

Have you thought about what your message might be?
It might be fun to look and see.
Leave it in the comments if it speaks to you as well.
I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for reading and God Bless.....Brooke




Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!