Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy September Garden!

Well we have made it till September and the garden is still going strong...
Lets take a look around and see what is blooming.

Welcome to our southern Indiana garden.
As you can see, things are looking a bit like fall.
 But the garden really looks very good for late summer here.
 It has been hot a few times, but we have had more rain than normal summers.
 I am so very thankful for that.
 By late summer my reseeding annuals are everywhere.
 Here you can see candytuft and moss verbena.
 I love to use color in the leaves of the plants like Japanese Maples and Ninebarks.
This maple is a Bloodgood, it was tiny when I planted it.
 Now it is almost as tall as the porch.
 One of my favorite photos of the summer.
 Here you can see all the colors that will be even more dramatic in a few weeks.
 My sweet young magnolia and its rusty undersides make a beautiful view.
I cannot wait till it fills in more.
 To the right is a smaller maple, in a few years they will be bookends to the front door.
 The althea is almost done blooming, but has been a showstopper most of the summer.
 Love the golden look of the grass as you see the backyard.
 The hydrangeas are still quite beautiful.
A few are turning brown and have been cut back.
But most I leave on the shrub for fall interest.
 The pink roses are still blooming and will be until almost December here in Indiana.
They add such great color and charm to the country-cottage garden.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my early fall looking gardens!
I hope you will become a new follower too....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!