Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fall Vignette With Vintage Euphoria

I wasn't gonna do it...
I wasn't getting the fall out yet.
I was not going to take more pictures of the sideboard.
Or the baby shoes...
But here I am... 
I could not help myself...
 I started decorating for fall....


 Oh it started out simple enough.
Over the weekend I remembered the new vintage dish I found this summer.
 I had it packed away.
But I looked for it and wow... that looks like fall to me.
 What else would match it?
 Fall greenery of course.
 But I have these postcards I have never displayed...
 And this Vintage Fan is lovely.
 It matches too.
 I still want the Iornstone out for a bit longer.
And the lace... always the laces.
Today I ordered two new burlap runners on Esty.
 So this will probably be redone in a week or two.
 But I love to mix it up, especially to display the cards.
 Did I tell you the story this set?
About two years ago there was a huge yard sale in the front lawn of a local home.
Everywhere was boxes... the ladies children sold all of her glass ware for $1 each.
I got this for $2 and took home three full boxes of glassware.
That is probably what my kids will do some day!
 Same with this fan... it was $1 at a thrift store.
 It is so beautiful, they just don't make things like this anymore.
 The cards are so colorful and unique.
 I can just imagine who sent them.
I don't have a ton of money in my little trinkets...
But I will cherish them, and display them... then one day...
Hopefully send them on for the next person to love.

Thanks so much for visiting....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!