Saturday, September 6, 2014

DIY - Vintage Postcard Garland

 Hello again... I hope you are having a nice weekend so far.
 Today I am sharing an area in my office I have been playing with.
 And a fun little DIY idea... a lace garland of postcards.

I love vintage graphics and am always looking for ways to add them to my spaces.
 I have a collection of these floral postcards.
These were the least favorites, but still very pretty.
But I was not heartbroken to punch holes in them.
I think it is better to enjoy them, than have them in a box.
 I have been redoing so much around the house.
Removing almost all of the silk flowers and in this case...
adding cut hydrangeas to dry in the display.
They will last all winter if I leave them alone.
 I have been adding more lace in place of the greenery.
I just love the look of this piece.
No instructions for this DIY, just two holes and some lace.
 But it is pretty and I like that you can see the backs in the mirror.
 I have boxes of these, I cannot pass them up at thrift sales.
 I kept it simple in this area.
 Just a bit of lace, old gloves and some trinkets.
I made the shelf last year from some yard sale corbels and scrap wood.
It is not fancy, but I love the chippy blue paint.
 The pillow is a recent yard sale find as well.
I love anything in a fancy script and it looks like burlap too.
The little silver compact is a favorite I have had for years.
It is nice to have it out on display for a bit to enjoy.
Thanks so much for visiting today!
I hope you can come back soon....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!