Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Autumn at the Lake and Tuesday Garden Party 9/30


Hello dear friends and welcome to Tuesday Garden Party!




This week I am sharing some scenes from our backyard.
And a few views of the lake.
I have had the windows open all week.
It is just beautiful out here in Indiana.
The garden is definitely slowing down....
Soon I will start the big clean up and seed collecting...
but until then, I am just going to enjoy it!




From your host this week, Jami @ An Oregon Cottage



The major happenings in my garden this last week were harvesting the last big bunch of tomatoes (from now on, there'll only be a bowl full every few days until the plants are cut down by frost) and decorating for fall with our pumpkin harvest. This was the first year I was able to successfully grow the heirloom Jarrahdale squash (which is a pumpkin to me!) and I harvested three medium-to-large fruits. They are listed in the gardening catalogs as blue-gray, but mine seem to have a green cast to the gray which is perfect for my non-blue decor! The medium-sized white pumpkins are 'Lumina' and they did only so-so, producing four fruits, while the 'Baby Boo' vines did the best, producing about 30 little sweet pumpkins.


One part of me thinks it's silly how happy it makes me to grow and decorate with unique neutral pumpkins, and the other part of me is just happy whenever I look at them! But before you talk about eating them, let me just say that is not happening. I'm one of those who can't stand the flavor of pumpkin - alone, in breads, cakes or anywhere. But they sure look good, don't they?

Okay, on to the features from last week's TGP, where you'll find everything from fall decor to canning to garden decorations to planning for winter. It's amazing what a treasure trove each week's party is for learning and inspiration, isn't it?


1. A hardy perennial begonia that comes back each year from Garden Matter.
2. Steps to pressure canning beans from Growing in His Grace.
3. This information from My 1929 Charmer was pretty amazing to me: the decorative sweet potato vines we all plant in our summer pots grow edible sweet potato tubers just like we'd grow in our gardens! Who knew?
4. A fun garden trellis made from rebar and pallets at My Flagstaff Home.
5. Tips from Schneider Peeps to make a lot of compost through the winter, including composting right in your empty beds.
6. I never think to dry summer's Dusty Miller like Upstairs Downstairs, but it would look great in a basket through winter!

So, what's going on in your gardens this last week of September/first week of October?



Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower....
Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Get All My Posts Directly In Your Inbox!

 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? 
Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party
Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty
Don't blog? That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts.  
It all happens right here at ...
I am linking to these wonderful parties...   Under the Table and Dreaming Nifty Thrifty Sundays Sunday's Best Wrap Up Party Silver Pennies Sundays Share It One More Time Share It Sunday Its So Very Cheri Sundays At Home Share It One More Time Enchanting Inspiration Party DIY project Parade DIY Sunday Showcase Recreate and Decorate The "Sunday Stop" Amaze Me Monday The Scoop Masterpiece Monday Table It Party Thrifty Treasures  Mod Mix Monday Metamorphosis Monday The Art of Home-Making Mondays Get Your DIY On Make the Scene Monday Project Inspire{d} Mondays The DIYers Be Inspired Knick of Time Tuesday Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Inspire Me Tuesday Tweak It Tuesday History and Home Party Tuesdays At Our Home The Scoop Table Top Tuesday Tuesdays Treasures Tuesdays With A Twist Be Awesome Party Twirl & Take a Bow Tuesday Garden Party What's It Wednesday Cottage Garden Party Wow Us Wednesdays Under $100 Link Party What We Accomplished Wednesday Moonlight and Mason Jars Uncommon Designs Time Travel Thursday Home and Garden Thursday Grace At Home Thursday Treasure Hunt Thursdays  Thrifty Life Thursday Catch as Catch Can  Thursday S.T.Y.L.E. Party  Tablescape Thursday So Much At Home Cherished Bliss  Feathered Nest Friday Shabbilicious Friday Show and Tell Friday  Vintage Inspiration Friday Home Sweet Home Friday Inspiration Friday Sweet And Simple Fridays Fabulously Creative Fridays Junkin Joe Fridays Unfolded Frugal Friday Flaunt It Friday Party Junk Pink Saturday Show and Tell Saturday Saturday Showoff  Weekend Bloggy Reading A Bouquet of Talent Saturday Sparks
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!