Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Beautiful Foggy Morning and Tuesday Garden Party - 9/9

What a  glorious morning!
We woke up with cool weather in the 50s...
It looks and feels like fall here at the lake.
Scooby is checking out the birds down by the dock.
I love it when the lake looks like this.


The garden has a magical glow on foggy mornings...
The sun captures the light and makes everything shine.
 Gyspy and I have wet feet from walking in the grass.
 But everything looks fresh and renewed.
 The sedums and reblooming hydrangeas are lovely this week.
 As well as the annuals like moss verbena and sweet asylums.
 We have had a few hot days, but the rest of the weeks looks wonderful.
 I know I should be sad that fall is near, but it is my favorite time of the year.

Okay, lets start the GARDEN PARTY!


Thank you for sharing all your gardening progress, wisdom and inspiration with us each week! When you link your post here it will automatically be seen on all FIVE blogs - all you have to do is link to ONE of our sites. Feel free to follow our Tuesday Garden Party Pinterest board where you may get a sneak peak of our weekly favorites and features, and search and follow #TuesdayGardenParty on any of your social media!


From your host this week, Shelly at Frugal Family Home



I love growing pole beans in the garden. You plant them and they just keep on giving, until you pull them up. Our beans are still producing really well, so well that I've started sharing with the neighbors. We have enough canned green beans to last us for about a year now.

To support my pole beans, cucumbers and sugar snap peas, I use a DIY Garden Trellis made from a cattle panel. The beans have fully taken over their panel. The cucumbers don't get as full, but they do climb up the trellis quite well. If you need a trellis for next year consider making a cattle panel one. They work well, are easy to store for the winter (since they fold flat) and they're sturdy too. Great for growing plants vertically.

Now onto the feature posts from last week's Tuesday Garden Party,


1. Gentle Joy Homemaker, shared some great information on using dill
2. One Creative Mommy, shared her strawberry spinach salad, I'm always on the lookout for new salad recipes
3. Garden Matter, shared a few recipes for Herb Infused Oils and Vinegars
4. Life Currents, shared how to grow green onions on the cheap
5. Green Phone Booth, shared Garden Chores for Children
I can't wait to see what you all have to share this week! 
Go ahead and scroll down to link up!




Thanks so much for joining us!
Brooke





Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
I have a new group board, started this week! Let me know if you would like to submit your own vintage style decor!! Follow Brooke Kroeger -'s board Twice Loved - Best of Vintage Style Bloggers on Pinterest.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!