Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Garden Helpers & Tuesday Garden Party


Welcome back to our wonderful Tuesday Garden Party!
If you missed last weeks party... it was our very first one and it had
~~~~101 Entries~~~~
I am thrilled that so many of you joined us and shared your lovely work!
 This week for the party I am sharing my garden helpers!
This is Miley... my sweet girl.
If you wonder why she looks so happy she has been chasing the kittens.

 We have seven kittens right now... They were born in early May.
 They have spent most of the summer on the porch... but are now following me everywhere.
So when I look at my shots of the garden... I see little sweet photo-bombers popping up!
I love the have the cats in my garden... they keep the mice and rabbits away.
Plus... they are just too darn cute!

Thank you for sharing all your gardening progress, wisdom and inspiration with us each week! When you link your post here it will automatically be seen on all FIVE blogs - all you have to do is link to ONE of our sites. Feel free to follow our Tuesday Garden Party Pinterest board where you may get a sneak peak of our weekly favorites and features, and search and follow #TuesdayGardenParty on any of your social media!

From your host for this week, Shelly @ Frugal Family Home:


This week has been a great week for harvesting. My husband picked a bunch of blueberries, while eating some too. :) I was able to harvest enough cucumbers to be able to make batch of refrigerator dill pickles (recipe coming soon).
Our green beans are really starting to produce too. I'll be canning green beans soon. The tomatoes are a little slower in ripening but we have been getting a handful of cherry tomatoes about twice a week.
I also discovered my neighbor neglected to plant zucchini. So, I have someone to share our extra zucchini with.


Now onto what you have to share this week,





Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a new follower...Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.  Her home and garden is located in Southern Indiana and open to small groups upon request.  You can contact her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
Like to see more of my photography, garden and home?  I would love to share it with you. Let's Keep In Touch!
    
Enter your email address:
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
The Best Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here at Creative Country Mom's!
Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party!  Share anything garden themed, even home decor!  Co-Hosted with Michelle from Simplify Live Love, Jami from An Oregon CottageShelly from Frugal Family Home, and Tracie from Fishtail CottageDon't miss this huge event every week! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog?  That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. It all happens right here at ...
♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."

24 comments :

  1. Sounds like fun-Id'e like to join in - I'll get right to it.Denise of Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Denise, so happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke, hey congrats on 101 entries for a brand new linky party- that is a GREAT way to begin!

    Your kittens are so stinkin CUTE, I love cats.

    Thanks for hosting. Glad to join in the fun. ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a nice surprise to have that big of party the first week! Thanks so much Michele!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting - Loving this link up! I have an older cal approaching 19 and she looks just like your two kitties in the garden.
    Carole @ Garden Up green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our cats. We have a big problem out here with coyotes. I leave the garage door cracked and they can be on the deck and the porch... but when they go out to hunt they sometimes disappear. So seven cats sounds like a bunch, but we will be lucky to keep them safe for a few years.

      Delete
  5. Hi Brooke,

    I can finally relate to cat lovers, even though I am seriously allergic to the felines, I gotta admit: they are too darn cute! Our own Prince Richard lounges around on the property, and since he, too, keeps mice and rabbits at bay, he is a helpful hand to have around! Your kitties are adorable, as are the blushing blueberries!! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am allergic... I take a pill every morning or I am in tears if I pet them. But the girls love them and have them indoors as often as I will let them. They cannot run free though, I refuse to have a litter box in the house! This bunch is some characters... they are fun to watch.

      Delete
  6. ich schaue gern in die gärten anderer menschen, es gibt sooo viele garten,- und blumenfreunde!!! alles liebe von angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! Loved your share too. That Blueberry bread looked wonderful!

      Delete
  7. Hello Brooke, lovely blog you have. Love your gardens and your cute little critters. They look so happy romping around. We don't have cats. We have 4 dogs. We do live in the country, so I know about those coyotes. Thank goodness, we are fenced in. Our doggies stay in the house with us. Thanks for hosting....I also wanted to tell you, you can get your own domain name on go daddy for $1.18 a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my own domain, but the new posts go thru blogspot. We have almost 7 acres, I wish it was all fenced! Thanks so much for joining up!

      Delete
  8. Great garden party Brooke and your garden helpers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna, glad to have you join us!

      Delete
  9. Hi Brooke! Thanks so much for featuring my Flower Bed and for hosting another lovely party! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, thanks for joining us!

      Delete
  10. Great features and I love your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Brooke
    Thanks for a fantastic party. Love your kittens. I'd love to invite you to share your blog at my link party too if you have a chance.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brooke
    Thanks for a fantastic party. Love the new kittens. I'd love to invite you to come over and join my link party too if you have a chance.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Brooke, Congrats to you and all the gals you've teamed up with for such a successful garden link party! I'm joining this week with what I feel is an interesting link of plants used by Nat. Americans for their textiles - it follows my previous post on decor in my sunroom. I've been lax on garden posts lately, but happy to join this week. I'll definitely take some time to visit all the co-hosts and some of these great links. Thanks for hosting!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your lovely blog and this fantastic link up! Thanks for hosting! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved seeing you garden and Miley and your kitties. What a beautiful yard and garden to call home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!