Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Grasses in Bloom and Tuesday Garden Party

Welcome to this week's Tuesday Garden Party at Creative Country Moms!
This week I wanted to share the lovely grasses on the butterfly hill.

 They along with the sedums and sages are so pretty this time of year.
 I sure do wish it would cool off a bit to enjoy them.
Heat index of over 100 and in the 90's here in Indiana!
 Last week's party was wonderful.
I featured many of you on my Facebook Page too.
I am going to try and do that every week.

Okay... lets get to it!


From your host for this week, Michelle @ SimplifyLiveLove

Tuesday Garden Party Scenes from Iowa Aug 26
My garden actually looks terrible after weeks of dry weather and I haven't been doing much in it. I should have been watering, but didn't. Now that we've got heat indices back in the 100s - right in time for the beginning of the school year - we finally got much needed rain. I'm hopeful that that with the heat and the water, my garden will back in business and I will gather enough tomatoes to make the most awesome Roasted Tomato Sauce ever!
If my own tomatoes don't do much, I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm heading down to Missouri later this week and will can up my dad's surplus tomatoes. He got all the rain we did not and his tomatoes look absolutely amazing this year. I've got tons and tons of green tomatoes in my garden - just need them to turn red now. Since my garden is nice and moist again, I really, really need to get out there and weed, finally! I haven't weeded in soooo long.
Weeding and drying herbs will keep me busy early next week and canning my dad's tomatoes will keep me busy later on. What will be your garden tasks for the week?

.....On to this week’s lovely features…..

Tuesday Garden Party - Garden Inspiration for 8262014

1. The Potential Of A Broken Rocking Chair - by My Creative Days - I love this DIY flower planter and would love to see how it looks now after a few months of growth!
2. Dallying in the Dahlia Garden - by Garden Grumbles and Cross Stich Fumbles - I planted dahlias in my own garden for the first time this year and am stunned by the varieties pictured in this beautiful post!
3. Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - by A Student Gardener - if you like flowers, check out the gorgeous beds in this post. The colors are beautiful!
4. A Garden Birthday Party - by Pondside - Wow! What a perfect setting for a first birthday party. I adore these pictures.
5. The Bug Detour - by GardenUpGreen - I often grumble about the harmful bugs in my garden. I love this post about beneficial insects!! It's a refreshing change.

Now onto what you have to share this week!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To Join the Co-Hosted Garden Party:
      1. Link anything garden related: what's growing/blooming, tips, ideas, progress, harvests, recipes using the harvests, preserving tips and recipes - even garden decor (but, please no other decor links - lets keep to the theme). Links will be open from 5:30am (PST) Tuesday through 11pm Thursday of each week.
      2. Please link directly to your blog post URL, not your blog homepage URL. Please do not link Etsy stores, giveaways, or other link parties.
      3. By linking up to the Tuesday Garden Party you are giving the five blogs,listed above, permission to feature your project and/or photos on our social media outlets and blogs.
      4. If you wish to be featured, please include the Tuesday Garden Party button or a text link in your linked post (feel free to use the button found on the host's blogs)





Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!