Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Flea Market Style in our Farmhouse Family Room

This is an overdue post for my readers...
They have seen a peek at the shutters and wanted to see more.
So today, lets enjoy our Vintage-Inspired Family Room.
If I had to say what the theme in this room was... I would say "Cracker Barrel".
 Lol... do you know what I mean?
When you go and eat there... I spend half the time looking at things one the walls.
When we built this big house with huge walls I had a rough time filling them.
 You learn to think outside the box..
 Red shutters and a red ladder make quite a statement.
 But it is cozy and comfortable.
This is an old feed bin... it use to store corn and oats for livestock.
It even has the holes where the mice ate thru!
I use it as a blanket chest now.
 This sweet vintage print I found this summer for $1.
Love its colors and theme.
 A birdhouse with a rusted tin roof.... perfect.
 Burlap and lace... and licence plates!
Well... yes.
 An old photograph against my vintage trunk.
 Barnwood sign and burlap wreath.
 And more license plates...  the more rusted the better.
Hubby's side of the room.
More great tin and baskets.
A peek into the kitchen.
 The old green buckboard makes a great place for plants.
 A view towards the entry and stairway.
 An old cooler makes a great place for a plant.
 The green/gray patina on the back.
 This would have been a part of a thrasher, an early combine I believe.
 The back says "International Harvester Corp, Chicago, USA"
 Another barnwood birdhouse... 
This room is prettiest of an evening.
It glows with the grass cloth wallpaper.
 More metal and signs.
I love the vintage looking burlap pillows.
 They were an Ebay score.
 A little bit of everything goes in Flea-Market Style.

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!