Sunday, August 24, 2014

Favorite Flowers - Red Heart Althea or Rose of Sharon

August simply cannot come and go without talking about my Red Heart Althea.

It stands proudly at the far corner of the front porch. 
Where you can see the blooms against the summer skies. 
 And watch the bumblebees and butterflies float from flower to flower.
 I love the bright white blooms.
 And lovely red centers.
Mine is a tree form, purchased that way.
Altheas are very healthy and disease resistant.
But they are RESEEDERS.
So be ready to have volunteers every spring.
I just pull a few and give the rest to garden friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by....Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!