Thursday, August 21, 2014

Decorating with Vintage Post Cards...

I collect so many things... but one of my favorites is vintage postcards.

Mostly florals from the early 1910-1915.
And of course, lots of rose themed ones.
They are so beautiful to display.
 I love to read the sweet verses.
And they are so lovely to add a touch of color to here and there.
This one is a bit later, it had glitter!
I added it to the stock card so it will hold up better.
Now it stands up, the paper on those was very thin.
Many have sweet notes on the back and the original postage marks.
 I wish we still sent cards today, such a treat they must have been to receive.
I found most of mine at thrift stores and on ebay.
I keep the most precious ones in clear folders to protect them from damage.
You can hardly see the plastic at all.
 
I love displaying sentimental things.
The little baby shoes were my daughters.
And the little silver pill box was my grandmas.
 
This antique sideboard is one of my very favorite pieces.
I try to make it special since it is one of the first things you see.
I use to have a china cabinet, 
but I think you can see the dishes so much better
displayed out in the open like this.

Thanks so much for visiting today....Brooke


Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
 Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!