Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bakers Rack Repurposed For Sedum Collection

Today I thought you might enjoy looking at my containers on the deck.


This spring I got an older metal bakers rack and painted it flat black.
I wanted an area to display my smaller sedum pots.
 My deck is full sun, and sedums are about the only thing I can keep alive out there.
 Wind is always an issue and my husband braced it with some black cords.
 And some of the corners curve to keep things tucked in.
I love the height and will add to the containers as I get more.
 I have a bright Mexican/Fiesta theme going on the deck this year.
Load of blues, greens, oranges and reds.
 The sedums are from the garden... 
I just poke a few pieces in the soil and they take off.
It is nice that this large piece does not distract from the views of the lakes.
The moss roses in the larger shallow bowl have came back three years in a row.
So pretty in pinks and whites.
 This is a first year pot, it will be big and full by next summer.
 I just did another post about entertaining on the deck.
You can check it out here.

Thanks so much for visiting...Brooke



Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and decorating and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Area Organizations and Clubs.  To see more of her home and garden visit www.creativecountrymom.com.
    
Enter your email address:
Looking to share your own home and garden posts? Add them to the Tuesday Garden Party! Share anything garden themed, even home decor! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty! Don't blog? That's okay!! You can get inspired by all the shares and lovely featured posts. 
It all happens right here at ...♥ www.creativecountrymom.com ♥ 
I am linking to the wonderful parties found here.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
*** I have recently switched to Google Plus comments, 
if you cannot use this program, feel free to email me directly at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!