Saturday, July 19, 2014

New Floor Reveal - My Vintage Office

Welcome back dear friends!
After a good two weeks of work... the floors are done!
 So I thought we'd better take a break from the garden and do a house post.
But before we do.... lets check out what is blooming outside my window behind my desk!
 Okay, lets start with ole Scoob...
He is napping on his couch.
He has been none too happy with us for taking out the carpet.
He has a heck of a time getting traction on the new floors.
Good thing he spends most of the on the couch.
 This area use to be the dining room.
 But I changed it over to the office over a year ago.
I have filled it with my vintage goodies.
 And of course my plants are quite at home with the windows.
 I love to repurpose things like the garden trellises and display my vintage card collections.
 I found this high chair at a flea market long after my girls were too big to use it.
I love it as a plant stand in the corner.
This is the old wash machine... it is one of my favorites. 
The love the metal goodies... I added ivy to trail.
 The sideboard is a treasure.
I have my plates and creamware displayed this summer.
More birdhouses and vintage postcards.
The cast iron birdbath adds height and interest.
 I have mine and the girls baby shoes tucked into the display.
 And a mix match of good pieces and yard sale finds.
My mom made most of my doilies and lace in the 80s.
She has long since grown tired of them... but I love them.
 The desk is a library table with two column legs.
I recovered a memory chest and have it for the seat.
 This works out perfect for Miley.
This way she can sit with me when I am on the computer.
 Plus she has a perch to look out into the front yard.
I guess I should talk about the floors!
They are from Lumbar Liquidators and a Hickory Stain.
I love the distressed look and the hand scraped, beat up patina.
I chose a medium color with light and dark highlights.
That way it would blend in with all my different woods.

We did this in three rooms.
I will show you the living room and family room soon too!
Thanks so much for visiting and please consider becoming a new follower.
~Brooke~

Looking to share your own home and garden posts?
Add them to my Home Sweet Garden Party every Tuesday!
Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
Don't blog?  That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and featured posts. 
It all happens right here at 

11 comments :

  1. Your floors look wonderful Brooke and the view from your window is beautiful! And your pups are precious...great shots of them!

    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floors and everything look wonderful. Having said that no matter WHAT you do there if you put those beautiful dogs in the post they steal the show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look gorgeous and the room is darling! Love seeing your little fuzzy faces too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your floors came out beautifully! and the rooms are gorgeous.....I love how you do table vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your antiques, and the floors are amazing. I am so wanting to rip up my carpet too. Stunning room. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floors are amazing! Stopping by from the Homemaking Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke, your new floors are gorgeous, and I know you must enjoy your office. You have so many wonderful vintage treasures. Your sideboard and display make my heart go pitter-pat.

    Happy Pink Saturday. I am so glad you shared with us today. Please visit often, and I would appreciate you including a link back to Pink Saturday in your post as a courtesy so other can visit, too.♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to the post so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/07/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_27.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flooring is just beautiful, the perfect backdrop for all your gorgeous antiques. Love that washing machine and sideboard!
    LOVE!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke,
    I absolutely LOVE this space!! I love how and what you used to decorate this sweet area!! Definitely my style!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful floor Brooke. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!