Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Home Sweet Garden Party {7/1}


Good Morning!
Yes, I am late to my own party!
But there is much going on here at the lake.
We have pulled out all the downstairs carpet.
And all the STAPLES....
And now I am painting all the trim and
staining quarter-round to match my new floors!
We went with a vinyl plank floating floor system.
They look like real wood, but it is waterproof.
They entire floor could be removed if ever damaged.
There is no nails... it is a locking system.
Here is a peek at what they look like.
They call it Sycamore, but the stain I am using is cherry.
They are a medium tone... but I love that they look like
stained barnwood.  They have gouges and lots of character.
They have the hand-scraped feel.
Here is what they look like installed.
(Click here for more info)
I have dogs, houseplants and we live on the lake.
I love it that whatever gets on it can be wiped clean.
You would not believe how nasty the carpet was.
We have only lived here 8 years... yuck!
I despise carpet.

I can't wait for you to see it when it is all done.
We hope to have two rooms done by this weekend.
I am so excited to the entire first floor with no carpet.
Whoo... hoo!
We are doing the living room, family room and the dining room
in this flooring.  Everything else is already in a neutral tile.

Okay, Now lets get to the FEATURES!
If you see your post grab a button.


Don't Worry, Bee Happy by Southern Seazons

Succulent Orb...Nailed It! by Panoply

Tea Party
A Bike, A Teacup and Me by My 1929 Charmer

Potting Shed Redo by Penny's Vintage Home

June is so lovely for Tea in the Garden by Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

The New House - Colonial by The Dedicated House

aplan12
A Step Forward in the Journey by Back Porch Musings


Coastal Wreath Trivet by Upstairs, Downstairs

IMG_3387
Sweet William Garden Patch by Fishtail Cottage

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful posts!
I can't wait to see what you enter this week!!






Looking to share your own home and garden posts?
Add them to my Home Sweet Garden Party every Tuesday!

Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
Don't blog?  That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and featured posts. 
It all happens right here at 

11 comments :

  1. It's so sweet of you to feature my potting shed redo....thank you! Have a fun and safe 4th...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, thank you for featuring my succulent orb experiment! I am amazed at the attention it's drawn, really. So far so good, and it's been 3 weeks. It's showing new growth and I really should work on trying my hand at the flip side soon. Thanks so much for hosting the party, and I hope to get back with another surprise from my garden in a new post - soon. Love your new floors! We have wood on our first floor, but still have carpet upstairs. I'm with you - despise wall-to-wall carpet. It's gross to think of the bacteria that lurks in there.
    RIta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my bee tablescape. Have a great 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting and for the awesome garden inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke,
    Whew!!!
    What a huge undertaking, dear friend!!!
    The refinished floors look lovely!!!
    "Mr. Ed" & I are doing some "minor"undertakings here, as well!!!
    Enjoy the "fruits of your labours". . .while I enjoy your party participants!!!
    Thanks for hosting Home Sweet Garden Party each week!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is huge work you're doing and you were so nice to host this great party for us, thank you so much! I love the tables in your great group of features this week. Take it easy.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for having the party and remodeling at the same time!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the feature on A Bike, teacup and me! Also thanks for hosting a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting and for the feature! Happy week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Redoing floors is such a big job, we did it last summer in all three bedrooms. I wish you luck! That's a pretty wood and color. Thank you for sharing this at the History & Home link party. Take care, Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!