Monday, July 28, 2014

Home Sweet Garden {7/29}

Welcome to the Home Sweet Garden Party!
I cannot believe it is the end of July already!
Today I wanted to share the Limelight Hydrangea blooms by my front porch.
And the last of the phlox blooms before I cut them back.
I must say, Limelight Hydrangea is a must have shrub in my book.
It is so healthy and upright... and the BLOOMS!
 Perfect for any cottage style garden.
 Yes, it is time to cut back the phlox before it all goes to seed.
I will leave a few... but it can take over.
And it is falling into the walkway.
 If I am lucky it might rebloom before the summer is over.
I certainly have enjoyed it this year.
 It is starting to look stressed in places in my garden.
We have went longer stretches without rain and been in the 90s.
I have been watering the containers, but not dragging out the hoses.
Most of my beds are established and tough enough to wait for rain.
Thankfully, it is cooler for a few days and I can work outside again.
I am still cutting back perennials and shrubs that have finished blooming.
I will be dividing in the fall, but as long as this hot weather keeps up
I will resist adding any new plants to the garden.
August can be horrible in Indiana... so I am preparing for the worst
and praying we keep having rain and not so much humidity.
Here is the other side of the Limelight... I have limbed it up to look like a small tree.
That way you can still see the underplantings and rock border.

Okay, that is my garden update.... here is some wonderful entries in last weeks party!
They were all so wonderful and we had some first time partiers!
Welcome everyone!!

{If you see your post feel free to grab a button}
My Thrift Store Addiction's  Welcome To My Secret Garden
The Nest At Finch Rest's Restoring A Potting Table
Row House Blog's Mr Porterfield's Home
Rosemary & Thyme's Pretty Hydrangeas and Roses
Vintage Silver Lid Towel Holders
Hooked on Vintage Lids by My 1929 Charmer
How to have a weed-free vegetable garden | Cottage at the Crossroads
waterfall.jpg
paint by number gallery wall-transformation
Paint By Number's Gallery Wall Transformation
Southern Seazon's French Country Island
Love My Simple Home's Shabby Table and Petunias

Oh my.... aren't they all FABULOUS!
I simply cannot wait to see what you share!!

Thanks so much for joining us this week!
Please consider adding my party to your weekly lists 
and becoming a new follower too!
xxx....Brooke

Brooke Berry Kroeger writes at the Creative Country Mom blog. There she shares her photography and country lifestyle. She enjoys incorporating vintage finds and repurposed treasures in her Southern Indiana farmhouse and garden. She is an avid gardener and grows a cottage-style free flowering “mass of color” landscape. She also does a video series called “Notes From A Country Garden” on YouTube.  She loves to talk about gardening and often lectures at area Gardening Events and Clubs.  Her home and garden is located in Southern Indiana and open to small groups upon request.  You can contact her at creativecountrymom@gmail.com.
Like to see more of my photography, garden and home? 
I would love to share it with you. 
Let's Keep In Touch!
    
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
I am linking up to the parties found HERE.
"Take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee."
Looking to share your own home and garden posts?
Add them to my Home Sweet Garden Party every Tuesday!
Share anything garden themed, even home decor! 
Don't blog?  That's okay!! 
You can get inspired by all the shares and featured posts. 
It all happens right here at 

12 comments :

  1. Thanks for another great party, and for featuring my Vintage Lids Towel Holders! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden and hydrangeas are gorgeous! Pretty features too. Thank you for hosting, even though my garden in a high rise pent house apartment are only in pots, lol..
    Have a great week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke, your garden looks fab, and so do all the features! I returned from vacation last week, a little less than enthused about tending to the garden. The ups & downs in temps in humidity have been just about as weird as winter was, but overall my garden has done well this year. My hummers are darting all over the yard, and that makes me happy. Have a great week, and thanks for hosting us each week. I'll try to get a garden post up soon and join in the fun.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke, Thanks so much for hosting and for featuring my garden! I love your hydrangeas! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. they have a wonderful garden, everything looks so well cared for, I love their flowers and the arrangement of garden! angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting Brooke. If I am ever in Indiana I would love to tour your beautiful estate. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brooke, Thank you hosting and for featuring my shabby table and petunias. You have a beautiful garden. I love your hydrangeas!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke,
    Thank you so much for featuring my kitchen island. As I always say I love your garden and your home. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the invite to your fun linkup. Your garden is beautiful, and I love the idea of the boots. That wood American flag looks great too. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is just beautiful Brooke! I entered a bird waterer giveaway! I haven't done a lot in my garden this year except watch a man remove 11 oak trees. Boy, the sun we have now is fantastic! The tomatoes are loaded and we even have baby watermelons! The shade was my enemy all these years. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting! I just love your garden!! Happy Week to You! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new look of your blog!
    Elaine
    Heartrocksinmypocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!